“Always a delight.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jamies Cozinha - CLOSED

Jamies Cozinha
Description: Changing ownership, re-opening end of September, with a new menu to give you a taste of Traditional Portuguese as well as other dishes with some Mediterranian influnces.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Always a delight.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

My favourite restaurant in tavira. A very thoughtful menu, something for everyone and every meal I have ever eaten here has always been a delight. Just a shame I have to wait another few months until I can go back.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Best Resturant in Tavira”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

My family and I have been taking vacations in Tavira for several years now and we were very delighted to discover Jamies Cozinha this time. Its a little tucked away and this is why we missed seeing it before. It is well worth finding as for the first time all of us were thoroughly satisfied. It caters for different tastes and as I am a vegitarean and the rest of the family meat eaters its always difficult for me to find a unique delicious meal for myself. My husband and children were thrilled with their steaks, which they said were very tender and delicious. All the meals were beautifully presented, all came at the same time and were piping hot. We all opted for the zucchini courgette starter which kept us returing all three nights, it and the ambience of the resturant were so wonderful. My risotto with beetroot, pine nuts and goats cheese was simply sublime, and I kept returing each night for more as I cant get enough of this wonderful taste. My husband had the shellfish risotto on his second visit and he raved about it. The children kept wanting the steaks. The meals were slightly expensive but you get what you pay for. The service was excellent and attentive yet very discreet. Migual, the host, was absolutely charming, and such a kindhearted, warm, pleasant man. What a lucky find!!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Sonja V
Ireland
“Nothing Special”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was our second visit and it really is nothing special, don't know what all the hype is about. Like a previous reviewer I had the courgette starter and it was terrible (courgette not cooked enough) my husband had a very basic salad for a starter again nothing to write home about. Mains were only ok. This restaurant is not worth the money. There are far better places in Tavira.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank honbun
Scotland, United Kingdom
“Good food, but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We visited Jamies after reading the very favourable reviews on TA. I can say weren't blown away at all. The food was average and inconsistent. My starter plate (zucchini/courgette pasties) had a mixture of lukewarm and very hot food (so bad timing from the kitchen) and the flavours missed the mark somehow even though it sounded really creative and potentially delicious. There was a child's burger on our table and that was VERY tasty to the grown-ups.

On the positive side, the menu looked very good and varied to all tastes and preferences. The location is slightly out but the restaurant decorated well and true to the area. Service was also acceptable (though not great again as we did have chase down for more drinks). Very friendly though.

Two people on the table thought their main courses were just okay - completely edible, but not great or overly tasty.

Prices were reasonable though.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank soshbfly
“2ND chance, but worse!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Our first visit was based on the good tripadvisor reviews, which unfortunately, left us disappointed.
So, to see if we were just unlucky, and again seeing more good reviews, we tried Jamie's for a 2nd time.
Well, there will not be a 3rd visit.
This time, the pork loin was dry and tasteless and the risotto very stodgy and just did not taste good at all.
Yes, the desserts are actually quite good, but really, nothing special and not cheap.
This restaurant could, I'm sure, be great, but for me, and others I have spoken to, it simply isn't.
As I said before, there are better restaurants nearby to go to, so from now, I will heed my own reviews - don't go to Jamie's, go elsewhere!

3 Thank restaurantreviewguy