“Love this Restaurant :o)”

Restaurante Canto Azul
Ranked #76 of 286 Restaurants in Tavira
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2012

4 of us went to this restaurant last year and loved it so much we went twice that week and again this year. the menu is varied and not typically portugese.Last year, I had chicken livers cooked in pineapple and onions for a starter. It was perfectly cooked and full of flavour.I opted for the ostrich for main course and can honestly say it was the nicest meat I have ever tasted. really tender! Unfortunaely they dont serve the ostrich anymore:o( I nearly cried when I noticed its absence from the menu. I had the pepper steak instead and was not disapointed. We were choosing a wine and the owner reccomended a different one which was cheaper and absolutely gorgeous.the desserts were lovely and they serve lovely baileys coffee. she gives everyone complementary shots after the meal(not everyones cup of tea) The view from your table is right across the bay and ria formosa in st luzia.
Its owned by a dutch couple, the husband is the chef and the wife is an excellent host and serves all the food. I thouroughly reccomend this restaurant and cant wait to go back next year.
make sure to book ahead as its very popular.

3  Thank RachelJane83

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Simple and delicious food to a reasonable price. Try the huge schrimps.

1  Thank MeEjs
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We Visited Canto Azul on the last evening of our stay in Portugal. If we had visited earlier in the week, I think we would have been there every night! The food was delicious and cooked to perfection. The owner was very friendly and welcoming. Restaurant was very clean. We had starters, main course and desserts and had no complaints at all (group of 4 people). We would definitely go to this restaurant again if we return to the Algarve.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Excellent food and wine at a reasonable price.
We were in Tavira for a week to try out the area for future visits.We ended up eating 3 times at this restaurant.Outstanding for the food and atmophere.
You need to book.Do not leave ot to chance they do not have many covers especialy when the upper terrace is not open.

Reviewed March 28, 2011

We visited this lovely restaurant a couple of times during our week in the Algarve. The couple that run it are from the Netherlands and are very friendly and will go out of their way for you. The food was excellent - will definitely visit again next time we are in the Algarve - hopefully September. Unlike most of the other restaurants in Santa Lucia their menu isn't all "polvo" (octopus). I did try ostrich and it was delicious. The lamb and steak are also excellent. Overall 10 out of 10!!

2  Thank Patricia H