“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Ponte de Lima
Zurich, Switzerland
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

In the city center, near Lima river. The room was nice, a big bathroom and a spacious balcony with a good view.
The hotel offers free wifi.The breakfast was good.
On the down side is the spa. They have good prices and the treatments are great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank anamgarcia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

In addition to many minor annoyances, a number of personal items disappeared from my room while I was out during the day---mostly toiletries, items that I had scoured my home neighborhood to find in travel sizes, and things that I needed. I returned to the hotel at 11 p.m., discovered this, and went down to the desk to notify them. They seemed empathetic, but told me they couldn't do anything for me without speaking to the hotel manager (whom they were unable to reach by phone). I told them I would check back the next morning.

The following day, the situation at the front desk was the same---minus the empathy. The woman at the desk seemed unconcerned, was again unable to reach the hotel manager, and informed me that she "only worked there." At this point I told her that the situation was basically theft, and that it was up to the hotel to do something. This charge seemed to electrify them. The police were called, a report was filed, and the hotel manager was miraculously located.

Why would a Portuguese hotel maid want my razor blades, deodorant and dental floss? I have no idea, but in retrospect I believe this was theft for several reasons. The hotel staff claimed that they went through the trash from that day's room cleaning, and could not find the items, which were in a large plastic bag. Even more galling was the hotel's reaction---until I raised the issue of theft, no one seemed to care.

Keep a close eye on your valuables in this place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Lisbon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

The hotel has new design that clearly contrasts with the old and very nice architecture of the village. It was not hard to find the hotel but it could have a flashier sign. The room was normal and what surprised me was the bathroom floor which was a carpet instead of the usual tiles. It lacked a shelf in shower/bath for putting the shampoos/gel douche, There was a spacious balcony with a good view and everything was clean and worked properly. The free wifi is a great bonus as well as the cable tv.
On the down side is that the spa is only available through extra pay . To use the the turkish bath for example you had to pay 15 euro ! There is no pool or sauna.

Overall a nice hotel with a great location and friendly enough staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

I went in a road trip from Porto to the North of Portugal. So we decided to look for the main villages or nice places to visit, and Ponte do Lima was one of them.

I booked a twin room through "booking.com", and I paid 60€ with the breakfast included, it was a one night in June.

The hotel is not in the village center, but it wasn't an inconvenient because we went by car. And it is not that far, less that one kilometer. However, it is important to checked it on a map or gps before you are going.
The hotel is near the river and a wooded area! There is a nice walk.
The architecture of the building contrasts with the landscape. It has a modern design not only outside but inside.

The rooms are spacious (my pics don't really show it, but they are), as well as clean. There are also a flat tv, a big closet, as well as a table, chair and sofa.
I think all of them have a balcony, so you can see a beautiful church in the back and the the trees.
The bathroom is also big, however, there is a "problem" as some people have said...The light is automatic and it last for..maybe one minute. And while you are having a shower it turns off, so you have to shake your hand until it switches on again. I commented this in the reception and they were working on that.
Because the hotel is almost new, they are assessing some things.

The breakfast was really nice: juices, coffee, tea; as well as fresh fruit, cereals, toasts, bacon, eggs...Plus they view from the room while you are having the breakfast, makes it better. It has large windows and you can see a green landscape through them.

I didn't use the spa so I can't say anything about that.

Summing up, it was a positive experience.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

Pro-great location. Con-spa not in operation; bathroom light sensor lights up whole room (including during night); offsite parking; skeletal staff; a/c not working right on last night-inexperienced staff had no answers; other kinks need to be worked out.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

Just returned from a 10 night stay at Inlima Hotel & Spa. The hotel and I got off to a bad start. Upon arrival, my first impression was that it looked like a hideous concrete box. The parking situation was rather inconvenient, particularly in inclement weather. So far, not thrilled. Immediately noticed that the hotel temperature was colder than the outside temperature - which was bone-chilling that day. Spent 10 minutes trying to open the room door with an electronic card before having to go back to the lobby for help from the staff. The room was freezing, but we were exhausted from an overnight flight and attempted to take a nap. My husband and I spent the next few hours shivering in bed, unable to sleep due to the extreme cold. Couldn't get near the bathroom facilities as the porcelain was like ice. Decided to go out - where it was warmer. We were assured by the front desk that the problem would be resolved upon our return. Not true. We spent the next two nights in a room where we could see our breath. By the third night, the problem had been remediated, but it took another full day to bring the room temperature to a comfortable level. By day four, I had a hacking cough and fever and was grateful that the room was now toasty and the door entry issue was fixed. By day six, I was feeling well enough to notice that the room was actually quite lovely. The bed was big and comfortable. Similarly, I was appreciative of the wall-mounted flat screen TV, ample storage space and soothing pallet of varying neutral earth tones, which imparted a crisp, clean look to the hip lodging. No longer having to let the water run for 20 minutes to take a hot shower, I was able to notice that the bathroom was big and bright and sufficiently stocked with good quality towels and amenities. By day eight, I knew I didn't want to leave.
Unfortunately, we were dealt one last parting shot: During our stay, my husband had 2 continental breakfasts. It should be noted that the hotel does not have a restaurant and that breakfast is eaten in the lobby. Upon check-out, we learned that we were charged $32.00 for the privilege. Not only was the price steep for coffee, tea and a roll, but having endured near-freezing temperatures for nearly 3 nights, it seems that the least management could have done was to throw in a couple of complementary continental breakfasts. No efforts were made to compensate us in any way for the difficulties experienced at the hotel. Suffice it to say that Inlima is a new hotel with a few rather large kinks to work out, but, in my opinion, has great promise.
I would be remiss if I did not mention Ana and Teresa, two staff members whose lovely dispositions cheered us daily. We will return to this hotel in no small part because of their graciousness.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Arcos de Valdevez
Eido do Luou
Eido do Luou
#2 of 7 in Ponte de Lima

Been to Inlima Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!