We booked three nights in Jul 2013. The hotel has a great location, from one side a view onto Vistual River, on the other view on the ruins of a castle. Close to the town square. Newly built.
That's so much for positivies.
1. I booked a room with a higher standard but got just standard.
2. Very small shower cabin - if you are tall or slighly bigger than average you will struggle. The sink situated between a wall and a shower cabin with a gall shelf making impossible to use it.
3. One towel per person, which is hardly ideal...
4. Very pricy - to compare, Marriot Hotel at the Chopin Airport in Warsaw was just 40zl more but had all toiletries, three different size towel per head, hairdryer, iron etc.
5. Tiled corridors - there is some kind of ossession in Poland with tiled floors, which is a surprise as Poland is hardly a hot country. Getting to the point, tiles carry the noise, so if you sleep lightly forget about good night sleep.
6. Breakfast served only from 9am.
7. During our stay, apart from random guests like ourselves there was a group of some kind of goverment official (I was told) who after their training?! spent the whole time drinking. Shouting and loud TV and slamming doors accompanied us till 5am. There is no one from the staff in the building during the night so it was not until the next day we raised our concerns with the managements. We were advised to call them if this happens again!. It did. Instead of getting rid of the individuals who where disturbing to the rest of the hotel guests the management was complaing to guests about the hassle they have with those drunks?! Of course upon checking out there was no discount for two sleepless nights.
To top it up, on the last day of the stay of those offcials one of the drunks was called to see the manager who, in front of other guests, gave the drunk a very explicit and loud opinion of the drunk's character and behaviour informing, at the same time, the rest of us of the mess the drunk made in the ground floor loo - will spare you details, enough I lost appetite to finish my food.
8. No management staff before 11am - we were checking out on Monday, during a breakfast we were informed that if we check out before 11 we will have to pay with cash as the lady was not trained to operate the card machine (she turned out to be a cook).
9. Little security - there is no staff during the night in the building, no security guards and the gates to the property as well as front door to the building are open all the time.
To sumarised: over priced and not really worth the hassle.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Austeria Kazimierska reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.