Lazareto Hotel
  • Beachfront
$77
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $99/night.

Panorama Hotel(Monemvasia)(Great Value!)
$72
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $84/night.

Pablito House(Monemvasia)
$91
Hotels.com
The Flower of Monemvasia(Monemvasia)(Great Value!)
$70
$59
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $76/night.

Monemvasia Seafront(Monemvasia)(Great Value!)
$51
Likinia Hotel(Monemvasia)
$174
$164
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
$169
All reviewsmedieval styleluxury hotellow seasonexcellent roomfantastic locationair conditioningpartitionviewscastlefigstoiletriesterraceentrance
Reviewed June 13, 2011

During our recent visit to Monemvasia, we preferred to stay at Lazareto Hotel and I think this was the best decision we made. The location of this hotel is really unique, at the bottleneck of Monemvasia rock and an easy walking distance to both the medieval castle and the modern town. Moreover, the hotel has plenty of parking spaces, a really valuable resource for those who know Monemvasia. While checking-in, we were upgraded to a special room very close to the seashore and we had a private balcony with an amazing sea view. The staff was very polite and helpful and we had the chance to really relax and enjoy Monemvasia. The owner himself gave us a ride to the castle several times during our stay with the hotel shuttle bus. The buffet breakfast was rich, tasteful and varied using quality local products. It was a real pleasure enjoying morning in the large terrace of the hotel, under the shadow of the trees, while listening to inspiring soft music and admiring the superb sea views. Actually, sometimes it seemed as the time had stopped at this place. I highly recommend this magical hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank apexquantum
Reviewed April 13, 2011

I traveled to Monemvasia with my wife and three children to visit the famous town. Prior to arriving I did some research on the actual hotel and its location and was surprised to find out the rich history and roots that it had, I figured going there would be a learning experience in itself. We stayed on the top floor in a suite with an adjacent room. The smell of nature and the ocean was breathtaking. Having a family of children no older than 7 I was amazed to see how calm and relaxed my children were. Our room was overlooking the water and the town. It felt like we were staying in a luxurious suite almost 500 years ago. The vineyard is rumored to be almost 800 years old. There is no greater experience then being in a place that hasn't been tainted by modern day architecture and cliche fashion, We ate breakfast overlooking the water and was pleased with the service that was provided to us. Concierge gave us suggestions as to where to visit that would accommodate myself and my children. We also had the privilege of meeting the owner of the hotel who surprisingly was very warm and inviting. The room was extremely clean, fresh and breezy. The sound of crickets late at night and the water crashing against the rocks was exceptionally peaceful. I will definitely visit this hotel next year with the family. My experience was great and as a lover of history, was very pleased to find a hotel that gave us a story to tell. If you want a piece of history and to feel like a king Lazareto is the place to go. Reasonable price, clean room, great food, rich history, and inviting people.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank TuffCookiee
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My family and I stayed in this beautifully located hotel, it could be fantastic but the clientele as well as the owner are rude and lazy.The breakfast is disgusting and is served begrudgingly.Do not stay at this hotel! you will feel angry and it will spoil your holiday. They do not deserve clientele.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Eleni M
Reviewed January 18, 2010

A glorious renovation in a superb location but, as too often occurs in Greece, the owners see this as not much something to build on but as an excuse to over- charge, and to do so massively. Prices high by any standards but, as is again typical of Greece, there is no understanding at all of what service means. Breakfast was a miserable affair of a few old croissant and some cake ( not home made). After quite some fuss, this was upgraded to a cooked breakfast but reluctantly and stroppily so. The shower mechanism had all the appearance of a rocket control panel but in the end managed nothing more than a dribble. Light pollution from the external lights on the building was appalling and beat downtown Hong Kong on a Saturday night. The manager refused to turn these off on the basis that other guests might not be able to fnd their rooms. It made no difference when I pointed out that there were no "other guests". This is the kind of hotel which, if managed properly would attract guests from far and wide just for its location but, as it is, it is just a rip-off. Suggest you visit Monemvasia on a day trip. The site itself while beautiful is not worth much more than half a day. Also, the people here are known by other Greeks as being inclined to fleece visitors for little in return.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank gideonThessaloniki
Reviewed September 1, 2008

Staying a night in Monemvasia, a fantastic historially town, is a real experience! When you walk to the town it feels like you directly stepped straight to the Middle age. The feeling still doesn't go away in Lazareto hotel which have revised in very old stone building with old-fashioned furniture.

Room, or should I say apartment, was huge and double-staired. We really enjoyed for spent our time in the big balcony, eating goat-cheese-sandwitches and staring at the sparkling see. There hasn't no breakfast in this hotel.

Personally I like, modern style, but this old hotel got me very impressed. And even the hotels which located middle of the beautiful Monemvasia are more expencive than hotels which located in the neighbouring town, the atmosphere should pay for.

• Stayed: May 2004, traveled with family