“Romantic weekend in Turowka”

Turowka Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Wieliczka
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I would have given it a 'good' grade if the room prices would have been lower as in general price/quality does not match unfortunatelly.
It wasn't my first stay at Turowka (sometimes I go there for the weekend, since I like the fact that it's close but not to close to Krakow), rooms are ok, staff is friendly. I would not recomend however going there during winter as it can be really cold inside, donno if it's a problem with the heater or just money issues, and what I also did not like is that the water in jaccuzzi was pretty cold ....
Food was good, I enjoyed suppers a lot, every time! Breakfasts are ok, we took it twice to our room and here it depends on luck if you'll get a bucket full of everything or just some random things to eat.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Magdalena B
There are newer reviews for Turowka Hotel & Spa

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was there for a long weekend and really enjoyed myself. The room was nice and clean – nothing to complain about. The spa treatments were enjoyable and professional. The hotel definately has the spa feeling. You could eat breakfast/dinner outside which was a nice touch. It was a bit of a walk to the city but not terrible. I enjoyed my time there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelerIS1
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My girlfriend and I decided to try out the Spa here whilst on vacation at her home in Wieliczka. She got some 90 minute massage and I just wanted to use the pool and sauna.

Shortly before we arrived they rang to say the sauna and jacuzzi were not working and only the pool was available! I ended up opting for a back scrub which was good. Hopped into the pool afterwards and it was freezing!! Got out for a hot shower to warm me up and they were freezing too!

Maybe we just picked a bad day but I was definitely disappointed

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fermoyboy
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The location of the hotel is excellent if you are planning a visit to the salt mine. Our room was very nice, and we also used the hotel swimming pool which was great to unwind in. However, we were disappointed by our evening meal in the hotel restaurant - the food was distinctly average and the restaurant lacks ambiance. The hotel is located next to a railway line, however the sound proofing must be pretty good because we were not disturbed by any noise from the railway.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We arrived in too hotele around afternoon when the weather was still geurgeos. Hotel from outside present himslef magnificent. We approach reception- which is by the way wery small compere to hall way where is located and were welcomed by profesional staff. Check in procces was very efficent and quick. We stayed with our daughter so was important to have swimming pool facility and internet acces in room- wi fii does not work in all rooms, so be ready for cable. The familly room is very speacefulle and luxury- furnitures and bathromm have high finish. Pool area is nicely organised and clean however on first night water in pool was very cold but staff denied that temperature is below 20 C. Breakfast was an big dissapointment beceuse there was no managment present inside restaurant, We approch waitres and asked for table.......15min waiting.We decided to clean one of free tables our self so atlast we could seat. We were told that there is no more pastries as we came to late- 9.30am!!11 In this particular situation I made my opinion about the hotel if staff speaks to guests this way instead of finding a solution in kitchen. Generly I will not stay again in this hotel due to luck of managment who can assist you. Faillity is perfect just a wrong people.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rosiak
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed in the Turowka hotel for a night while travelling through Poland for business. It is a little bit outside the Krakow city center, but only about 10 minutes by car, and very close to the Salt Mine, which is definitely worth a visit.
The hotel is a beautiful property, with lots of character and ambiance but good modern amenities, including tea & coffee in the room. Rooms and bathrooms were quite large. Breakfast was a good spread.
I'm always happy when there's free wifi!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank revti13
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding, 5 nights in total. I can honestly say it was a great experience.
The staff were very friendly and attentive, all spoke good English, check in was flawless, and the room was a good size, very clean and tidy. The mattress was the best nights sleep I've had in a long time (memory foam)

We ate in the restaurant a few times and it was lovely, and the bar was very well stocked!

Wieliczka is small, it has a few bars and restaurants, and a few little shops, but the bus stop is right outside the hotel to the centre of krakow this is very cheap about 6 zlt which is about a £1 or the train is just down the rd!

We took English money out there and changed it in the supamarket in to Zlt as the rate was a lot better 4.6 here 5.2 there!

LOVED it and will be going again!!!

Room Tip: ask for a balcony if you are a smoker
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wieliczka
Hotel Lenart
#9 of 12 in Wieliczka
Hotel Soray
Hotel Soray
#4 of 12 in Wieliczka

Been to Turowka Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!