Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $40.40
from $46.10
from $40.40
6,425 results
All reviews tour guide take photos two hours tourist route visiting krakow amazing place flights of stairs tour takes underground church mind blowing hour tour long walk main chapel english speaking guide ticket office below ground long tour
Reviewed today

I went on this tour with Krakowtrip.com. I had already seen photographs of the mines but was unprepared for their beauty.
Firstly, our guide was brilliant - his English was excellent and he was completely engaged, knowledgeable (he was actually a shift manager for the miners) and funny. He was always getting the group (there were 8 of us) involved in something.
The tour took about two hours, which I thought would feel long, but it really didn't, the time flew.
I am quite claustrophobic and was concerned that i would have trouble down there but I didn't, not even for a second. The sights were so breathtaking I didn't think about myself at all. There are chapels and a church down there! Sculptures and bas reliefs carved from the salt! It's amazing.
There is an option to go on a longer tour including a museum and if it hadn't been for the fact that I had been to Auschwitz in the morning and was getting tired i would certainly have signed up for that. A completely brilliant place to visit and I hope to go again one day.
It is worth mentioning that there are a lot of stairs at the beginning (but an elevator to get back up) so if you aren't too fit it might be hard work. I believe that the mine will use the elevator for people to get down as well as up if necessary so it may be worth asking.
Also the temperature is a pretty constant 14 - 16 degrees in the mine so make sure that you are dressed reasonably warmly.

Reviewed today

We visited the salt mine after our trip to Auchwitz which unsurprisingly was a very solemn heavy day but the salt mine was the perfect end to the day. Cool out of the hot weather and really beautiful. I know it’s a mine but some of the salt statues and main rooms were incredible. The underground caverns were vast and it’s incredible to see the sheer size of this place. A definite must do!

Reviewed yesterday

Thoroughly enjoyable tour, amazing what can be carved from salt, informative guide, wear sturdy shoes, you do a lot of stairs and walking. Take water , obviously the air you breathe is salty so it’s easy to become thirsty. Recommend as a day out

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

We all enjoyed the tour, it was well guided (she dealt with a group of 8 drunk 50 year old blokes on our tour pretty well and got them back out as soon as she could as they were wanting to piss everywhere and were falling down the stairs - shouldn’t have been allowed down really) Put into context it is an amazing creation. Huge space below ground. Lifts back up are an experience.

1  Thank 354stepheny
Reviewed 2 days ago

My wife and I were here on a Gate1 tour and it is well worth the visit. . We thoroughly enjoyed the tour. I read some of the reviews and to me ... the tour wasn't long enough. It was that interesting to see what the miners did, on their own time.
It's an even ground walk for just about everything. The only thing that is very unusual is the elevator ride down, when it's a bit crowded, like sardines! Otherwise, fantastic tour!

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

The tour is compulsory which is not ideal but understandable. However, the tour takws 2.5 hours which is far too long. You get bored by about an hour in. Also this place may not be suitable for those prone to panic attacks or those who suffer from claustrophobia. Prepare for a lot of walking. The amount of walking is not suitable for those who have difficulty with walking or perhaps some elderly or children.

That being said, the church inside is very beautiful and grand.

Reviewed 3 days ago

So firstly I must say the salt mines are a must see if you're in Krakow they are spectacular and extremely interesting. The only downside we had was the tour guide was extremely unenthusiastic and both looked and sounded like she would rather be anywhere else. The tour guide coming behind us on the 2nd half of the trip seemed fill of enthusiasm and information so believe we just drew the short straw with this one and wouldn't want to tar them all with the same brush. Overall though still a good morning out.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

The saltmines are defenitely worth seeinf, but the people could use some training in hospitality. Our guide was a grumpy lady that obviously didnt love her job and wasnt enthousiastic at all (she spoke very softly and monotone). She just kept on going, made us pay for photos (10pln extra) but didnt give us much time to take photos. At one point we lost people of our group and she started yelling to us. Because of this I would NOT recommend people to go here, which is a loss because the sight is beautiful.
Also, the tour doesnt take 3hours as they say, its just 1.5 hours. You can stay longer in the mines if you go to the museum, but that'll cost more money.

1  Thank Eveline V
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Booked with SeeKrakow. On arrival at the mine bought a couple of soft drinks from one of the unofficial stalls on the road up to mine . My wife heard the seller say “the English are stupid” (why she said it in English god knows! ) She immediately checked her change and yes she had been short changed . Got the extra 5 PLN back.
DONT LET THEM RIP YOU OFF.

The visit to the mine will have been described in numerous reviews . The trip is a have to- fantastic. They even have WiFi in places and I received A call from the BBC in the deepest part of the mine requesting information on mining in the Lake District !

Lastly one thing to say about SeeKrakow was that I wasn’t impressed with the driver lighting up a cigarette in the mini bus as we left for the mine. There were no smoking signs in the bus but looks like they didn’t apply to him ☹️

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Luckily our tour guide was possibly one of the best we’ve had doing any tourist thing our entire lives, he was funny, energetic and positive.

The salt mines themselves are incredible, about 400-600 stairs down and you enter these massive chambers of wonderment, I can’t remember if they mentioned the entire system has 2000 or 3000 chambers but on the tour you’ll see... 10 and it takes about 4 hours.

They start of slow with what looks to be repetitive oh look there’s more sale kind of things but then each chamber gets more and more interesting as you go on.

The only thing I didn’t like, was the fact you had to pay to take a photo in the cathedral? Just obtain one off google images ;)

Also to give a guide of sizes on some of these chambers, they regularly host basketball games, boxing events and weddings in this place... unreal