Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $17.40
from $46.50
from $81.30
6,440 results
All reviews tour guide take photos two hours tourist route visiting krakow amazing place tour takes underground church mind blowing flights of stairs hour tour long walk below ground main chapel english speaking guide ticket office long tour
Reviewed yesterday

A really interesting tour about a really fascinating place! The salt statues and salt chandeliers were incredible, and hearing how the workers lived in the mine was really interesting. I'd highly recommend the tour!

Reviewed yesterday

I was recommended by a friend to visit the Salt mines and was well rewarded for taking the effort to get there. I found that the best way to do this was to be collected from my hotel on an all in guided tour. The cost was quite reasonable especially when I realized that this is a unique place. I has been to a number of caves and mines over the years but nothing could prepare me for the extent and magnificence of this. I did not have an opportunity to read up about it beforehand which in its own way was an advantage as I did not go there with any preconceived ideas. The first thing that struck me was that this mine was coming into its own in 1650, about the same time that Cromwell was crossing over to Ireland. The visitor can see that over the years it was developed over and over again and even during the Nazi period it was used as a military secret location. Today it boast many churches where weddings are celebrated, a health spa and a convention centre. All deep underground. There was one disadvantage for our particular group; our guide was less than enthusiastic … in fact one of the worst guides I have seen in action for some time. Other guides, I observed especially those with school groups were top class so we were just unlucky on the day. However, it is the type of place that once you have an enquiring mind you can figure it out for yourself. A word of warning; be prepared to walk many many steps… I think its in the region of 800 steps down before you get to the lowest level. There is a lift which brings you back up and you will appreciate a coffee after visiting this unique and lovely place.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Very good value for money with full guided tour of salt mines in English, very interesting, gift shop is reasonably priced and there is a restaurant at the end of tour.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

We arrived early on a Wednesday morning, we travelled there by train and the mine was only a 5 minute walk from the train if that. There was no queue for tickets and English tours were frequent - every half hour. Our guide spoke great English and was very knowledgeable. The tour lasted about an hour and a half and we were then free to get food explore the museums before getting escorted back to the surface by the elevator. The statues and carvings are incredible and all made out of salt. The main chapel and the last supper carving we particularly liked. They do cram you into the elevator back to the surface which is very rickety. The staff on the lifts are also fairly abrupt and opened the lift doors onto my face, no harm done though (luckily!)

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

This was a very enjoyable tour but maybe a little bit too long! We were glad to get out after 2.5 hours under ground. The steps down are not for the the faint hearted, our legs were shaking by the time we got to the bottom. There is a lot of waiting around for groups in front of you to move on so maybe they could be spaced out a bit better. When you get the Chapel you will be blown away, it’s so beautiful and hard to believe you are 135 metres under ground. The chandeliers are stunning, can’t believe they are made out of salt. We were very lucky to experience a beautiful French choir singing in the Chapel, it was a very moving experience.
You can get WiFi in some places down there too, hard to believe!
Am I glad I did it, yes. Would I do it again, no thanks!

1  Thank Kathy M
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

I visited the mine and was pleasently suprised , I expected to go deep u der ground and see rock formations but i could not have predicted what i found.This really is a sight to behold and a must see for any visitor to Krakow.My tour guide was amazing and kept the tour intresting with some great facts and funny jokes.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

This tour involves a lot of walking but there are breaks during which help. The mine itself is fascinating and incredible when you see a lot of the man made structures. While we were all exhausted by the end of the tour it was worthwhile

Reviewed 3 days ago

Throughly enjoyed this tour. Do only this tour in one day and do. Not combine with The concentration camps as it would be too long of a day. Great guide and wonderful gift shops.

1  Thank Kathy G
Reviewed 4 days ago

I visited this attraction with three of my friends on 11 November. We have been reading that it is a must-see attraction for tourists. Despite the public holiday and there were some spots being closed for visitors, it didn't stop us to go. The scenery did not disappoint us. Lucky for us the English tour that we joined had only 9 people, including us 4. However the tour guide was the one that let us all down. Seemed to me that she had been in a hurry to finish the tour. She was impatient and really rude. When our audio receiver could not hear her (each visitor has a radio device and tour guide would have a mic, given there would be big group and place is very spacious), my friend reminded her that the mic was off. She responded to us "stop complaining"!! I really was not sure whether it has been their custom to speak in this way. However, given this is an international tourist attraction, this kind of customer service may need to be reviewed properly. Probably this was not our lucky day. Other than this rude tour guide, I still recommend this place to my friends to visit.

1  Thank YoyoC114
Reviewed 4 days ago

It's a must-have experience for anyone. The tour is quite long, taking you through history of the mine and salt mining in general. It outlines processes involved adding few interesting facts and anecdotes. There's a lot of art, including a chapel to see and it's absolutely stunning.

Our English speaking guide was a bit stiff, sounded like he just memorized words without knowing the meaning of most of them. No Q&A at any point. But it didn't ruin the experience in any way.