“Very nice!”

Ranked #2 of 9 Sezana B&B and Inns
Zagreb, Croatia
“Very nice!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Excellent family run hotel less than 2 minutes from highway but still hidden in the forest with picturesque views of Slovenian country side. Rooms are well equipped, clean and have all amenities you would expect from 4* for price of 3*. Free parking, free internet and fresh prepared a la carte breakfast included in the price. For dinner I highly recommend to try the in-house restaurant - amazing food, that has taste of Balkan but is served and prepared with European manners. Polite staff - both in restaurant and in the hotel. Regardless if you need overnight stay on your way to/form Italy or would like to spend quite weekend with someone - this is much better option than in most places in Friuli Venice region. I give 5 points for excellent value for money relation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

We were in a hurry to find a convenient hotel as we were moving from Barcelona to Budapest and needed a place to stay ont he way. This hotel came as a surprise as it was only a few min front the highway but looked a felt nothing like it. The conjoined restaurant had very good food and has extremely polite waiters as did the hotel. We enjoyed the brief stay very much and would any time recommend the place either for short or long term stay. Very nice indeed!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed here when doing business in nearby Ajdovscina Slovenia. The hotel, built a number of decades ago, offers current amenities while keeping the charm of an old-world hotel. The room was well appointed, clean, and comfortable with views of the Slovenian countryside. It sits just off the Motorway which runs to nearby Trieste, Italy.

While staying there, we made an excursion to Trieste, a 15 minute drive from the hotel. I strongly suggest consideration of this hotel when visiting Trieste, as it is a great value and allows you to avoid the congestion of the city when not absolutely necessary. The staff was friendly and there is a restaurant on property and breakfast is available just off the lobby.

There are certainly nicer hotels in Trieste, but for your dollar, you simply cannot go wrong staying at this hotel and saving your Euros for other travelling expenses. It is quaint, attractive, and comfortable. What more can you ask from any hotel?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Lincolnshire, England
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This small hotel is situated not far from the motorway, in the quiet village of Dane, near Sezana. It's easy to spot, it has a big sign on its roof. I'm not sure who'd normally use this hotel, unless, like us you're visiting the Lipizza stud nearby, but if you find yourself travelling to/from from Croatia etc, do stay here, it's a real little gem.

Our deluxe room cost 100 Euro for one night, and was really plush with a lovely sunny balcony. Everywhere was spotless and staff very polite and helpful. The manager even delivered a plate of freshly-picked cherries to our room!

The co-owned restaurant is just around the corner and the food was fabulous. Again, the staff here were very courteous. In the morning, breakfast was a virtual feast and we left feeling stuffed to capacity!

On the whole, I can highly recommend this hotel. It was the best hotel we stayed in during a trip through Europe.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Marzabotto
Reviewed May 16, 2012

The staff is very friendly and speaks both German and Italian.
The room was little, but very comfortable and in a quiet, very silent position.
The breakfast was good and various.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Namur, Belgium
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This hotel is a real delight. All is perfect: staff friendliness and skills, room size and comfort for a reasonable price, breakfast and attending restaurant. Free wifi works well in all rooms and the vicinity is great for the occasional jog. The view on Sezana is beautiful from the balcony.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Paarl, South Africa
Reviewed October 18, 2011

The hotel is set in a beautiful setting. The rooms are up to standard, but the staff at the hotel are appalling in customer relations. It started when we wanted to go for dinner. The young grumpy man at the recption said that the restaurant was at the back of the hotel. So we wandered out in search. This is not a big property. We went to the back, to the building alongside the car park but could not find anything that resembled a restaurant. We went back to the reception and asked him again where the restaurant was. He says "Can't you find it?" I said "Obviously not, otherwise I wouldn't be here asking you again." He says just go to the back, through the passage and right, you'll find it there. We eventually did, but a simple explanation would have worked alternatively, if the staff are unable to direct, a sign would have helped.
The restaurant is fabulous, the service excellent and the food really good.

Then came the next saga. I thought I had left my Rolex watch and diamond ring in the room, at this stage we were in Italy. I called and asked if they could send someone to the room and check, alternatively could they ask the maid (only one) if she saw them. I expected a simple yes madam, we will do so. The answer I got was the maid has gone home, call tomorrow.

I said I was in a fairly nervous state and could they not call her and ask her, or could they not call the receptionist that was on duty earlier in the day, if she had them handed into her.
The recptionist reluctantly said he would go and look in the room.

I called back later to ask if he found them, only to be put onto the manager. He proceeded to yell at me and tell me how stupid I was for leaving them behind. I advised him that it was very stupid of me, but surely these things happen often and a search of the room and a chat with the maid is what I expected.

I sent an email, advising that a reward would be offered if they found the items.

To my relief I found them the next day, tucked away in my luggae, which I stupidly had forgotten.

I found them obnoxious to say the least.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bernice B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sezana
Kempinski Palace Portoroz
#1 of 1 in Lipica
Hotel Prunk
Hotel Prunk
#5 of 9 in Sezana

Been to Hotel Grahor? Share your experiences!