“Nice stay”

Pr'Vncki Accommodation
Ranked #1 of 4 Divaca B&B and Inns
“Nice stay”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

This homestead had clean rooms and bathroom, simple place, no tv, very peaceful. The proprietor cooked good meals and good breakfast, but we later found the dinner was a little more pricey than we thought haha, partly because we ordered things like an omelette with truffles. Perhaps you could ask the price before you order something. The room itself was very cheap, maybe this is how he makes his margin, on the food. But it is definitely good cooking. This place is very near to the skojcan caves and convenient. Recommended

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank TheKapoors

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Hebrew first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I stayed at this hotel once three months before. The owners gave me a warm welcome when I arrived at this hotel. It is definitely a nice place to stay. Its location is very near to the Skocjan caves. I walked to these caves with a guest at this hotel who too was single like me. It was wonderful. The owners were nice and quite informative on how to get around the place. I liked talking to them. The room where I stayed was clean and nice. The food was great. The chef must be a well experienced one.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We stayed the night before going to the Skocjan caves. The owners are friendly and helpful and our room was clean and comfortable. We were happy to discover that you can walk to the caves from this b and b - it's just 5 minutes away. The highlight of the stay was the delicious dinner. Lamb was being prepared but when I said that I was vegetarian, I was offered the option of gnocchi with truffles - what a wonderful treat!
I'd definitely recommend staying here when visiting the caves.
If you're trying to find this place, be aware that it's up a little hill rather than directly on the street of its address.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Ervin and Tamara were the best hosts I've ever met. They really make one feel extremely welcome and while I went to Divaca primarily for the Skocjan Caves, my stay at this homely place was easily half the experience. Ervin is a mean cook and seriously do try his dishes for dinner; it's absolutely fantastic. When you see that even the Skocjan Caves guides (locals) go down to their place to chill and eat, that must mean a lot.

What I must also commend upon is how they go out of their way to help you. I needed to get to Sezana the next day; Ervin kindly offered to drive me to the Divaca bus terminal to take the bus. And when I realised that I had missed it, he promptly drove me to Sezana straight away. No questions asked, and he even declined my grateful offer to pay him for the trouble.

Last but not least, they have the most adorable dog ever, with a very interesting story to his name! But that's something, I hope, that you will find out for yourself if you do make the wise decision to stay there.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Curselock
Matulini
Reviewed November 18, 2010

We stayed with Erwin and Tamara for the night before visiting Skocjan caves and I wished we'd stayed longer. There aren't many places where you're immediately on 1st name terms with the owners and made to feel like long lost friends.

I'd made the booking on the internet and managed to get my dates wrong so turned up a day early. They were totally unphased by this and I only realised something must be wrong as Tamara had to hurry off and make up our room. When I apologised to Erwin he just smiled and said he guessed this was what had happened.

A converted famstead, Pr'Vnicki has only 4 rooms, all en-suite with shower rooms, which are simple and clean. It is totally charming.

There is no menu, Erwin makes a few suggestions and then prepares it. He had been mushroom hunting the morning we arrived, so we had a selection a local cold meats and cheese, and a mushroom omlette with truffles as a starter, then the most delicious mushroom risotto using the wild mushrooms he'd picked. We finished with a traditional plum pastry. All washed down with the local Teran wine - delicious.

After dinner we sat and chatted with Erwin and Tamara, swapping travel tales. They're off to the Philippines and Vietnam this winter, so if you see them ask them how it went.

Skocjan Caves are unbelievable and the walking along the Reka River is beautiful. As I said I wish we'd stayed longer. But no worries, we're already planning to go back in the Spring.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MatuliniNicky
London
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We stayed at this place by chance but found it fantastic.

It is a stones throw away from the amazing skocjan caves and in a really nice sleepy village in an old farm house.

The young couple who run it made us feel very welcome and the atmosphere is perfect for a relaxing enjoyable stay.

The rooms were big and spotless with everything you need for a short stay.

The breakfast and evening meal (costs extra) were good and very traditional and were served in the lovely dining room in a very personal way.

Fantastic value I'd recommend to anyone!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hallio1
London
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Such a beautiful and welcoming B&B. The owners were extremely accommodating. If you'd like to stay somewhere when visiting the caves/surrounding countryside, I can't recommend this place enough. We opted for dinner too and the quality and presentation of both the dinner and breakfast was absolutely superb. Don't think twice about it - just book!

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Holiday_for_2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Divaca
Hudicevec Tourist Farm
Apolonia Guest House
Apolonia Guest House
#1 of 8 in Sezana
Lipizzaner Lodge Relaxtivity Guest House

Been to Pr'Vncki Accommodation? Share your experiences!