“Fantastic food choices in a small town”
Review of Sojka & spol.

Sojka & spol.
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Mikulov
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“Fantastic food choices in a small town”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stumbled upon this unassuming little place by a chance. It looks more like a cafe above a store, not really like a restaurant. I am glad we stayed. The food offerings were amazing, it was hard to decide. We finally settled on a typical Czech goose and a lamb shank. Yummy, so delicious. The presentation was without a fault, service was very professional, the young server spoke very good English and suggested some excellent wine (this town and the region is known for) to accompany these tasty treats. We liked it so much we went back the next day and it was again a very pleasant and delicious experience. Highly recommended, very affordable and pleasant. Do not even look elsewhere in town. Every visit to Mikulov MUST include Sojka &spol for this culinary experience.

• Visited November 2013

• Slovak first
Aiea, Hawaii
“Satisfied Customer”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The restaurant is located on the main square on the second floor above a store. There is only a small chalkboard sign outside. The menu is only in Czech but the young gals who waited on me were more than happy to translate for me. I had tomato soup and chicken cooked in wine with mushrooms and pearl onions. I enjoyed the soup and the main and I thought the prices were very reasonable. I was very pleased with the service. Both gals spoke very good english.

• Visited September 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
“Excellent Food, Prices and Service”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Sojka & Spol was a refreshing surprise for us as we wandered Mikulov in a late season search for a place to eat. Innovative menu, excellent quality and service staff was very professional, gracious, willing to work in English and patient. The restaurant sits above an excellent specialty shop with a wide selection of gift items, wines, gourmet food items and excellent assistance and service. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Mikulov and we will frequent it again on our next trip there. I highly recommend it. This is one of those places you want to support so they stay in business.

• Visited October 2013
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Fine foor, average service, overall overpriced”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The menu is quite well set, and the choice good. But the rooms are quite noisy (poor accoustics), and the service we got was far from the pitch the menu and pricing suggest. Not that I wouldn't got again, considering there are much worse restaurants in the small town, but the place would not be one of my first choices...

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank vaclean
Santiago, Chile
“Delicious and innovating”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We went to eat at this place since one of us two is vegetarian and the other is not - not an easy task in the town:)
Though at first I was a little turned of by asking for a non-existent english menu and the waiter on the second floor did not seem too nice - later, after being waited by him, I believe it was not attitude, but more an issue with the language barrier - the owner was the nicest woman, explaining and helping, in perfect english, the menu, recommending a few things - including one of the best beers (local) that I have ever tasted!

Before the beer, the waiter brought some lavender lemonade - damn, I thought they got the whole order wrong, but not, it was a complementary refreshment (a little heavy on the lavender for our taste, but definitely a welcoming and nice gesture);
so now to the order: zucchini fritters - delicious, reminded me of a great falafel with more complex flavors and texture, and accompanied by a great dip;
as for the meal, we ordered the vegetarian and the meat burgers - the meat eater liked his, good bun, thick burger, flavorful; the vegetarian (me) really liked the vegetarian version (not sure which one was it, soy meat or vegetables), great texture, in some ways beyond a burger, which is fine with me as I don't like meat.

Definitely recommend this place -