“Excellent Food, Prices and Service”
Review of Sojka & spol.

Sojka & spol.
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Mikulov
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Sojka & Spol was a refreshing surprise for us as we wandered Mikulov in a late season search for a place to eat. Innovative menu, excellent quality and service staff was very professional, gracious, willing to work in English and patient. The restaurant sits above an excellent specialty shop with a wide selection of gift items, wines, gourmet food items and excellent assistance and service. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Mikulov and we will frequent it again on our next trip there. I highly recommend it. This is one of those places you want to support so they stay in business.

There are newer reviews for Sojka & spol.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

The menu is quite well set, and the choice good. But the rooms are quite noisy (poor accoustics), and the service we got was far from the pitch the menu and pricing suggest. Not that I wouldn't got again, considering there are much worse restaurants in the small town, but the place would not be one of my first choices...

1  Thank vaclean
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We went to eat at this place since one of us two is vegetarian and the other is not - not an easy task in the town:)
Though at first I was a little turned of by asking for a non-existent english menu and the waiter on the second floor did not seem too nice - later, after being waited by him, I believe it was not attitude, but more an issue with the language barrier - the owner was the nicest woman, explaining and helping, in perfect english, the menu, recommending a few things - including one of the best beers (local) that I have ever tasted!

Before the beer, the waiter brought some lavender lemonade - damn, I thought they got the whole order wrong, but not, it was a complementary refreshment (a little heavy on the lavender for our taste, but definitely a welcoming and nice gesture);
so now to the order: zucchini fritters - delicious, reminded me of a great falafel with more complex flavors and texture, and accompanied by a great dip;
as for the meal, we ordered the vegetarian and the meat burgers - the meat eater liked his, good bun, thick burger, flavorful; the vegetarian (me) really liked the vegetarian version (not sure which one was it, soy meat or vegetables), great texture, in some ways beyond a burger, which is fine with me as I don't like meat.

Definitely recommend this place -

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Our party of 9 ate dinner here 3 nights in a row! The food, service and ambiance were excellent. The owners and some waitstaff speak English and they are all pleasant. The wine selection is very good and the food is incredibly delicious. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I had been cycling from Prague to Vienna. So I have eaten in many restaurants in the Czech Republic. I spije to the owner of the restaurant as I arrived She said there were no English menus? So she orally listed off the dishes. I had the beef burger and a glass of wine. When I got the bill, the meak cost $18. I could eat a similar meal in North America in a good restaurant for much less. This is the Czech Republic where all business costs are far less. Avoid this restaurant as there are far better in Mikulov.

1  Thank M-Polo