“Lack of the service!”

Cuisines: Czech
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Me and my friend have chosen this restaurant, because of the reviews on Tripadvisor, photos on the internet and menu. We've spent only one night in Mikulov, so we wanted to make our evening special and enjoy the food and wine, because the restaurant looked very classy. We've booked table for 3 at this restaurant. Our first surprise was, when we came and table wasn't ready for us, no 3rd chair. We have to wait for the menu 10 minutes. Then we order. When my gazpacho soup came as a starter I was surprised, because the soup wasn't cold! It was more than room temperature! Well, looks like the cook didn't know, that he just can not put cold soup on the hot plate! Then main course was nothing special as well. You expect that when you need to pay from 250 CZK - 300 CZK for main course it is going to be something extra special. It wasn't! No ones food was special. My pork loin in herbs was just average, no special taste. After finishing main course the waiters didn't care about us at all. Our dirty plates laid on the table for 20 minutes. Nobody asked us if we would like to get some dessert or coffee. It looked like waiters was more attentive to the other guests then us. I was thinking that we are invisible. After 30 minutes we wanted to pay, but it was impossible to find some waiter. Finally, we asked for the bill and we have got the bill. It took again 30 minutes than somebody picked up the money. Well, I have to stop the waiter to bring her attention to us. After that we were looking forward to go some wine cellar where we will get good service and it happened! On the end I have to say that I don't recommend this restaurant. Restaurant Templ has been trying to show that they are high class restaurant, but they are definitely not. Lack of the service and high price of non-tasting food makes this restaurant just not worth to visit.

1  Thank koliskova_andrea

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We ate here both evenings as we stayed in the same hotel. The place is often mentioned to be the best in town, and might even be so, as the competition might not be so fierce. Food was of traditional Czech-style, not very innovative but heavy and basically tasty. In my opinion their webpage claim about "Gourmet adventures" was not really fulfilled. Also their wine list seemed not to be so extensive as they say it is, since there was only one choice for sparkling wines, that being a Bohemian demisec wine. The waiter forgot to bring one main course in the first evening, which hopefully was a rare mistake. The dish came in reasonable time, although us others had by that time nearly finished our dishes.

The place got quite crowded both nights, so book in advance, especially if you want to get table at their small back yard terrace.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Decided to follow the TA recommendations (best in town) rather than go to one of the many eateries in the main squares. Did not regret it. All three of us had very good meals that were definitely a cut above much Czech food which I have found in the past to be a bit stodgy. There was an economic fixed menu of the day but we all went for the more expensive main dishes and had no regrets. All three were freshly and creatively prepared, light and flavourful - particularly a veal dish containing fresh mushrooms which can often get swamped by heavy cream. This is a place that is definitely trying to be a quality eatery and seems to be succeeding. The service was fine and courteous but it was a rather late lunch so the place was quiet. The main menu has translations in German and English but not the daily specials. Definitely a place we would go back. We sat in the garden under a huge canopy of grape-laden vines, a great place to retreat from the heat of the day.

3  Thank Tad P
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The food was fantastic and the server was very polite and had a shyness about him that made him quite enjoyable. The tea selection was as big as the food menu and if the weather had been better, the patio looked like a great place to enjoy a glass of wine from the equally large wine list. It was a welcome meal and relaxing spot to hang out after spending two days in the rain.

My average review results from the fact, that when I looked at the menu, the prices were significantly higher - perhaps 40% - as compared to the online menu I had checked 30 minutes before arriving. As prices in the Czech Republic are considerably less than Germany, I still enjoyed a great meal for a bargain price, but I never appreciate a bait and switch regardless of the amount. Also missing were the vegetarian options present online, which my wife was a bit sore about. Luckily her chicken with potato puree was a delicious substitute.

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Very nice food, tasty and made from fresh ingredients, special daily offer reflects seasonal choice. Highly recommended for gourmets experience. Price is little higher but compering to other restaurants in Mikulov it is worth. Very nice service.

1  Thank LenkaT17