All reviews one night nice hotel jewish quarter synagogue town fireplace
Selected filters
Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

We found everyone at Hotel Templ incredibly friendly and good at their job. The hotel is well situated and has the advantage of hsvong a very good restaurant with a discount for guests. The rooms are excellent value for money. We slept very well and enjoyed the big bathroom. Breakfast was simple but plentiful with tasty homemade pastes and cake!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2017

We stayed at Hotel Templ 19th & 20th August 2017. There was parking for 4 cars on the street directly outside & off street parking if necessary (with an electric gate pass). Staff couldn't be more helpful (most spoke good English too). There are rooms in the hotel proper & more in a building two doors up. Décor was quite nice & everything nice & clean. Most impressive was the food, very nice indeed & actually had Halibut on the menu (which we had Saturday) & roast leg of Lamb ! Two things not usually found at any other Czech restaurant ! The hotel restaurant is open to non residents too & was very busy (some non residents turned away for lack of tables) so if you're resident here best to reserve a table ! Okay prices were a bit higher than most other establishments but it was my lady's birthday so I wasn't going to be penny pinching on this weekend :) and the quality of the food & presentation was beautiful ! Mikulov town is very pleasant too & well worth a visit, in particular it is located not far from the Austrian and the Slovakian border, so useful as a base to travel around Moravia, north-east Austria & western Slovakia ! We spent Sunday at Laa an der Thaya thermal spa, Austria (which by the way is free if it's your birthday) about 20 minute drive away from Hotel Templ ! I recommend !

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed August 8, 2017

We are (were) returning guests here. Of course, the rooms have not deteriorated but have not improved, either. Though, prices have increased. I would still call it a nice place (acceptable WiFi, fridge in the room, a small swimming pool free for the guests) but the reception is different and not in a good direction. We (with my wife) tried to order a taxi. The woman in the reception was not very helpful, to say the least. As she did not speak neither English nor German, I tried to speak Czech (which I can for an extent) but she did not really care for my problem (I tried to give her my own mobile phone to try to order a taxi). Of course, I solved it, finally.

Room tip: Take a room in the other building where the pool is located!
Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed August 6, 2017

We enjoyed our stay. Its not luxurious or lavish but has character. You do have to lug your luggage up the stairs, but once there we had a nice room with a window to the front street, in the main building. Unlike some comments we paid for a room with a/c and got a/c with no quibbling (it was hot in the midsummer). A comfortable enough place for a nights sleep and a hearty breakfast new morning. Our friends complained that a group across the street was noisy but that didn't trouble us with the window closed.
A bit of a walk to the old town and fort but not too bad.

Room tip: Main building, view to front
Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

We had a couple of fantastic days on Hotel Templ. Friendly staff and a cosy hotel. Winetasting in the hotel's own cellar was an interesting experience. Mikolov and the souroundings is absolutly worth a visit. Rent a bike and explore this beautiful area.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple