“Beautiful place and great food”

Apvalaus Stalo Klubas
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Trakai
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was there for business meeting.
Location and views are great.
Food was really good, like in most places in Lithuania and service was really good.
Accomodation was good.
After meeting I had 6 hours till flight back home. Hotel provided me seminar room for free where I was able to work. They came many times to ask if I am happy or need anything.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Taavo
There are newer reviews for Apvalaus Stalo Klubas

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Excelent location near the lake with castle view.Very romantic.Nice room.Litle but very cosy.Kind reception staff,but with poor english.Nice parking car.
Good breakfast witw castle view.
The restaurant was closed because of a party.We ate at the pizzeria .Nice pizzas in the terrace.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Spent one beautiful night at this B&B in the fall and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. We had driven to Lake Trakai on our way from Vilnius to Riga, and thought we would stop by for a few hours. The place was so peaceful and relaxed, we decided to spend the night. The weather was perfect and the views from the outdoor terrace were gorgeous, overlooking the calm lake and the castle on the island.

We initially ate at the hotel restaurant and really enjoyed it - my rabbit dish was awesome! Tender, perfectly seasoned and done. My wife - a super picky eater - thought it was delicious, too!

Initially, we thought it was too pricey for a night, so we started back towards Riga, but somehow we felt like we wanted to stay and came back. They gave us a superior room which was quite small, but it's a house, not a hotel built for that purpose. It's very Victorian feeling inside and the room had perfect views overlooking the castle, although keeping the blinds and curtains open on the ground floor allowed everyone walking inside to be able to see inside. The beds and sleep were great and it was a quiet, calm evening spent.

In the morning, we enjoyed the breakfast area as it was done in a very nice and quaint style, although the choice of breakfast for us was not that great, but that's no fault of the hotel.

There are small tot lot type toys around the property that young kids enjoy themselves on.

I can't say much about maintenance and housekeeping as we were there only for a night, but from the level of service we received during our brief stay, I would say they would be fine.

Not much I would change about the place, although a little more space in the rooms would have been welcome, but again, like noted, this wasn't built as a hotel initially.

Room Tip: Get a superior room overlooking the castle
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I' ve used Spa services with co workers: in general everything went very good. they have fabulous saunas - steam and dry one, they ar realy good. Jacuzzi was broken, so we had to keep in on swiching every 20 seconds. But we reported this problem to the staff - I am sure they fixed this by now.
Food - thats what keeps me coming back! we had snacks at the Spa also went to the Bona restaurant for lunch - trust me chefs realy know what they are doing ;)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Andzelika007
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotels restaurant in the same name one of 5 the best restaurants in Vilnius (Trakai is very near to Vilnius).
Variety of dishes, wines, and high quality of everything is the main thing for the owners (I think) as all the times I was there I can say only best words about food, its taste, quality of all personnel and suggestions of food/wine.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Uniquely positioned on the lake shore in front of the Castle, and only a short pleasant walk away from the city center, the family-owned hotel offers really beautiful rooms and a smiling staff ready to help. The hotel arranged a boat trip on the lake and assisted in many other ways. Slightly expensive for Lithuania, but worth it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LordLister
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We decided to spent a week at Lithuanian lakes so we stayed in Trakai. Hotel is too boring, doesn't suggest any attractions for guests (for ex. boats, beach, sun beds, excursions...). We stayed at house near road, room was very noisy and view was to stuff's cars which were parked directly under windows.They were started up in the deep evening by stuff who left the hotel,the same was in the earlieк morning. Room is little, very ordinary, many little spiders in corners. Breakfast is the same each day and also I think it's more convinient to suggest buffet breakfast. The hotel is overpriced and over"stars".

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Irina K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trakai
Margis
#5 of 8 in Trakai
Artagonist Art Hotel
Artagonist Art Hotel
#1 of 88 in Vilnius

Been to Apvalaus Stalo Klubas? Share your experiences!