“Very good”

Ranked #7 of 26 Restaurants in Nida
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Very good place to spent your evening in Nida. It is place with good choise of vines ( for your heart and for your soul )and good food. No too much space on terrace there, so need to make an reservation or get earlier there. Anyway-it is good place with good food and worth to go there. I will go there again for sure.

There are newer reviews for In Vino

Reviewed August 21, 2013

A good friend and I were in Lithuania for work and decided to stay a few days to explore the coast. Before arriving in Nida we had done some online research and In Vino came up multiple times as a great dining option. On our way into town we drove by because we thought we might also want to stay in the hotel it sits on top of. Upon seeing the decaying Soviet Era hotel we were instantly turned off and decided to stay at an inn closer to the water. We had resolved to not eat at In Vino because of the state of the rest of the building but decided to give it a try after reading several more positive reviews. We were not disappointed. The service was great, the food was amazing and the view is the best in Nida. We were seated in the back room because the tables with the view were already reserved and halfway through the meal we made a reservation for a front room table for the following night. Our waitress gave us great wine recommendations (which was important because they don't have a wine list you can look at) and all of the small plates we had were delightful. I highly recommend the Pan de Jef (basically toasted brioche with pesto and brie), the Smoochies (feta stuffed cherry tomatoes), the bacon wrapped dates, the cheese plate, and all of the chorizo dishes. I had the duck for my main plate the first night and thought it was fantastic but was not as impressed with their other main plates so I would recommend sticking with the small plates. The second night we went we gave ourselves plenty of time and ordered small plates and several bottles of wine at our leisure while taking in the view. The desserts were also fantastic. It was too cold to sit outside but if it's nice out I'm sure that would be a great option. We were there during the middle of the week and needed a reservation for a table with a view so I would definitely recommend making one, especially if you're there over the weekend. By western standards both meals were very inexpensive ($40-50/person including a lot of great wine) and the atmosphere was relaxed and the service was prompt. If you're looking for a formal dining experience this might not be for you but otherwise it's definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Brett S
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The restaurant is located in "difficult to find" place and in old soviet building. Thanks for intelligence of the staff which managed to remaster these two rooms as a small restaurant. If you are allergic to soviet style this place is not for you. The meals are good, but the main menu is short. I tried "half chicken", rabbit, tomato soup, duck and found it tastefull. But that is almost all with main dishes (actually 4 main dishes and 2 or 3 soups). I did not try any wine, because there was no wine that I like.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Fun and funky place! We biked there from the town and were rewarded with a great view and delicious food! The drinks were good too. The porridge was amazing! The menu is really fun to read for both the food descriptions and the historical information. It was obviously written by someone with a great sense of humor!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Not your usual place to eat or drink. Approach upstairs in the centre of letting accommodation the In Vino is full of surprises. Excellent wine by the glass and an inventive menu which meets most customer needs. Pleasant and helpful staff. I liked it.