“paradise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Druskininkai
Moscow, Russia
“paradise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Here you can find anything you need even if you do not like SPA at all.
The local restaurant serves all types of meals (with quite high prices) but it is very tasty, especially variety of cakes!
Reserve spa procedures before arrival, cause it might be everythingis booked when you come in high season

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ana K, Deputy General Director of Quality at SPA VILNIUS Druskininkai, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Olga_Nareiko,

Thank you for sharing your opinion about SPA Vilnius Druskininkai service quality. It is very pleasant to hear such warm words from our guests. According to the advanced service reservation, you are absolutely right. We always recommend our client to book the treatment in advanced so their rest would be planned and organized properly.

In conclusion, thank you for your time writing the feedback. We are very happy to get it from our clients.

Kind Regards,
Deputy General Director of Quality

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
Northern New Jersey, US
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Rooms were really simple and plain, but everything was clean. Nice staff that thankfully spoke enough English (since we don't speak much Lithuanian). We had a bath in the spa which was in a beautiful small room with a starry sky. Extensive breakfast buffet. We tried the mineral water from the spring but didn't like it - too salty!!! The bowling alley in the hotel was awesome, well priced and seemed brand new. The restaurant had an assortment of creative / imaginative dishes - not just the same old stuff. I would definitely go back to this place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ana K, Deputy General Director of Quality at SPA VILNIUS Druskininkai, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear B0nnieV0yage,

It is great and I am very pleased to hear your opinion and evaluation about SPA Vilnius Druskininkai. You are very welcome again!

As for mineral water, I agree it is unique, and for me it is also very salty. But still let's think how many minerals (magnum, calcium, natrium and others) we get with each sup.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards,
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times in recent years while on vacation in Lithuania. We first loved it - an oasis of tranquility in a beautiful resort town of Druskininkai. Excellent food, excellent spa and great services (the swimming pool is rather small and not suitable for children that cannot swin though). They also have a supervised children's room, which is great for familities with small children. When we stayed there last summer, however, we noticed how busy this hotel had become. Lots of people everywhere, especially in the restaurant during meal times (especially breakfast). The guests are dominated by wealthy visitors from Russia and Belarus, some of them with attitudes. The prices have gone up, and it is not a great value any more. We felt that it has lost its appeal with us. I would still recommend it to others but avoid busy times of year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Darius S
Ana K, SPA Vilnius SANA at SPA VILNIUS Druskininkai, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
We are very happy you have chosen SPA Vilnius for your rest.

As you have mentioned there are several periods a year when hotel is overbooked. And, if you and your family like calmer and quieter vacation you are welcome to visit Druskininkai at non-seasonal time. Also, I would like to ensure you that the prices of main services for 2014 year are the same, we have also created new and improved some existed SPA packets.

Kind Regards,
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel/spa for 2 nights. My trip to Druskininkai was to go snowboarding (Snow Arena) for a few days, I decided to book a room in a spa so I could have a relaxed evening after snowboarding. I went alone though had to book a double room because the single room wasn't available on one of the days I was staying.
I arrived at around 11:30, even though they said that the arrival time is at 14:00, they gave me the key and everything was fine except one thing - the lady at the reception seemed to be a bit judgy towards me for some reason. First I thought I miss understood her so I didn't really take it personally, but this then continued for my whole stay and not only at the hotel reception, also in the spa reception and they seemed to be laughing behind my back. This really disappointed me as this hotel/spa is supposed to be one of the best. I came to the conclusion this might have been because I am pretty young (18) compared to other people staying there and its a quite an expensive place to stay. However the other staff were very polite and welcoming :)
The room was spacious enough for one, might be a bit too small for two but at the end you come here not to stay in the room for the whole day. The lighting wasn't that good - in the bedroom I only had 3 bedside lamps which weren't enough especially when in the winter it gets darker really early. Also you can't switch them on and off all at the same time, so every time I had to switch them on or off I hand to go to each one of them.
The bed wasn't that comfortable either. It seems to me that the mattress hasn't been changed in 8 years - you could feel the springs of the mattress in your back and every time I would turn it would make a really loud noise. I am pretty sure they are aware of this because they had this thin mattress cover on top of it. I had a spare blanket so I laid that one on the bed also and moved to the other side of the bed - which seemed more comfortable.
In the price of the room you get 60 minutes of gym and 90 minutes of the swimming pool and sauna area. I only went once to the gym - its quite a small room, but has most of the equipment and it isn't that full, at least in the evening.
The swimming pool area/spa - has a jacuzzi, 3 saunas, 1 big swimming pool, 1 small swimming pool with cold water, and a 'river' with rocks in the bottom for a foot massage effect. Be aware that one of the saunas is infrared sauna and not everyone can use it! There are instructions on the side!
The gym and pool area work from 8am to 10pm.
I had breakfast (7am - 10am) and dinner (6pm - 8pm) everyday. They have a buffet for their every meal, and it is really good. For breakfast they have different types of porridge, eggs, pancakes, bacon, salts - you could say everything. Though they could serve more fruit. For dinners they serve quite a lot of fish, but also meat. One of the nights they had lasagna, which was really really good! If you get a chance to try it, its a must! If you're a vegan/vegetarian I think it would be a bit harder to find something different, as you would be left with the choice of pancakes or salts, which didn't look that nice.
The hotel isn't in the centre of druskininkai but in the summer (when its warmer) its a short walk :)

Overall I'm pretty happy with my short holiday, though I was really disappointed and offended by the staff and the way they seemed to judge me.

Room Tip: Till the beginning of 2014 they're renovating the 6th floor, so there might be a bit more noise...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Patricija S
Ana K, SPA Vilnius SANA at SPA VILNIUS Druskininkai, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Patricija S,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments following your recent stay with us.
Needless to say, we were sorry to read that our staff attitude was impolite and not respectful, that our service did not meet all your expectations during your stay.

Please be assured that your comments are being addressed with the team to ensure no future reoccurrence.

Again, thank you for your feedback and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future to prove ourselves better hosts.

Best regards,
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel on the way back from Latvia and it was a real treat. Got the basic package which included use of the spa waters and a consultation with a physician which is almost impossible because the physician was constantly booked. Other than that, I had one spa treatment which was fine for the price.

My only real issue was the food. We bought dinner at the restaurant and it was pretty bland. The breakfast was a little better. The gym was good too, I'd stay here again. Oh, if you're a light sleeper, bring some ear plugs! You can really hear everyone on your floor open and closing doors and stamping on the floor, it was pretty loud.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kaunas, Kauno Apskritis, Lithuania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We didn't order an apartment, just double room, which was small with dirty armchairs, tiny TV set and crushed walls. The smoking smell went from the opened balcony. We can't keep it open.
The breakfast was good, maybe lacked some sweets.
The swimming pool too small and only two tiny saunas, too small for such big hotel. The good things were bathrobes and slippers for free and spa complex in one place on the second floor.
I didn't try a spa procedure so can't recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Renata S
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Service, food, nature around, Spa procedures, cleaning - just perfect!!! Small minuses like no air conditioner and no balcony in each room, but it is still best ideas for perfect vacation. A lot of fresh and tasty food, Massages and procedures, very clean place and very very friendly staff!
And all this costs half price of a same hotel in Europe!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple