Hotel Adam
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Alpsky Hotel(Spindleruv Mlyn)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Martin & Kristyna(Spindleruv Mlyn)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Olympie(Spindleruv Mlyn)
View Hotel
Orea Resort Horal(Spindleruv Mlyn)
  • Pool
  • Pool
Lenka Hotel(Spindleruv Mlyn)
Hotel Barbora(Spindleruv Mlyn)
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I cannot recommend going here, not really. Me and my girlfriend stayed for 3 nights. The property itself is very good, set in a great place with wonderful view, the room was ok, but that's about it. The disappointment starts and ends with the owner of the place. I have never seen a more arrogant manager of a hotel in my entire life. Yelling at his staff in front of dining people, telling them about the dirt that they haven't cleaned, etc. Dirty glasses and plates, snail in my girlfriend's vegetables salad... The fact that the cooks don't put salt in their food at all and you have to use the salt which is on the table may be ok for somebody, but in my opinion the cooks then serve an unfinished food which you have to finalize at the table - not something that I like, but that's my personal point of view.
The whirlpool - oh my god. That's a chapter of its own. Pieces of dirt floating in the corners of the place where you put your feet, ants crawling all over the place, spiders in upper corners of the room... and the smell. The room smells like 20 years abandoned chemical factory.
Me and my girlfriend were on a diet the time we were there, so we needed to arrange some changes for our meals, which was ok at the beginning. The trouble started when more guests arrived at the hotel. The staff wasn't able to manage all the customers at the same time and the chaos began. When we finally got the vegetables plate, which we ordered earlier instead of sweet desert, we didn't know that we would wait another 30 minutes for the main course to arrive. When we asked what's going on, we were told that the cook had to stop working on main courses because he had to work on our vegetables for 20 minutes (we ordered the vegetables plate for the dinner in the morning)!! And when we tried to discuss the situation, the arrogant owner just wouldn't listen. This was our last evening at the hotel and it totally ruined our trip. We will never return to this place and I recommend you to find another accomodation in the area.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Daniel V
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have stayed with my friends for a weekend with organized excercise. The hotel as such is not bad, being very well located even though a bit far from the town, with beautiful views and a nice spa. The bad thing was the service. Working for a 5* hotel but not being a demanding guest I could not belive the level of service offered mainly in the restaurant. We waited for about 30min until someone finally registered us. We helped ourselved to get the menu and got an old paper file with a big stain on the cover.... Waiter was confused, we understood it was his first day there. Our order got messed up, the wine we ordered twice we never got...At the end of the evening the owner/ manager came to apologize and offered us a bottle of wine at his cost that we really appreciated as a gesture of a good will., Nevertheless he shared with us not very positive stories about his employees which I do not consider professional. Breakfast was ok both days, the second day actually even with wider choice. The next day we decided to make a booking in the restaurant for dinner and ordered the meals for a certain time, The waiter was reluctant at the beginning to make such an arrangement but at the end he agreed, We were surprised the meal arrived on time, our wine was cooled and a jug of tap water that was not allowed the previous day was served. Food was quite nice and we left actually happy. Unfortunately none of the employees seems to have any experience with hospitality so you cannot expect the receptionist to tell you you can borrow a bathrobe and towels for the spa nor to tell you you need a special card to enter the spa so you have to visit the reception three times to learn all this. Rooms have a safe but it is locked with the door open so as the room does not have a phone you have to go down to the reception again and get the receptionist to the room to open it for you. Do not understand why when they dont chagre you for using the safe.... Overall I left said that such a nice property is managed in such a bad way, Hopefully the owner can speak English and knows Tripadvisor to learn a bit about the guests experiences and to change the service accordingly. Unfortunatelly I would not recommennd the hotel for a stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Barbuchacek
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Hotel Adam is situated in the mountains, we have had the beautiful wiev. Our room was nice, large, goog furnished, but not clean (very dusty). I seemed to us like they have too many guests, but less staff. We have been waiting for a dinner incredibly long time, the waiters were busy and nervous. The cleanes of the restaurant was poor, dead insect everywhere, which was very disgusting. Quality of food was low. We were not satisfied with the wellness, there was a cold water in swimming pool and a chaos by ordering sauna and massage. I think, 4 stars hotel should offer more...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Katarina P
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had four nights in the beginning of August. There was not a single chair in the room, the cleanliness was not the best, but still to go through for the price. The staff was o.k.. The drinks had to be payed directly in cash and not possible to book it to the room. The breakfast was not bad, but the quality and choice of the evening meal was very, very poor. They have opened garage places, free of charge. The water temperature in the pool was just at the border to take a bath for a while. It is about 20 minutes to go to the town. There are restaurants in the town, where is possible to eat well, and so taking the hotel only with the breakfast could be better possibility. We had found a really good restaurant in the town - Ceska hospoda.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank spurny
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We have arrived a 3 days ago and feel very disappointed. The hotel looks good (from outside), it's situated at nice quiet place, room has a nice view and ... that´s all, we cannot find any more positives. Our Lux room was dirty, it looks like the carpet has not been cleaned for weeks, proven by lots of hair and dust on our children clothes after a while spend on it.

Tons of death flies on the window parapet in the restaurant is disgusting and should not be observed in the hotel that claims to be a 4* hotel. The staff in the restaurant seems to be bored. You must outfit yourself with a lot of patience while having a dinner ... or better just waiting for a dinner. The quality of food is very poor.

In the conclusion, I'd not recommend this hotel unless you're ok with dirt and poor service.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family