“Excellent place where to dine in Ventspils”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Skroderkrogs

Skroderkrogs
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Ventspils
Cuisines: European, Latvian, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Riga, Latvia
“Excellent place where to dine in Ventspils”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

Great place where to go for dinner or lunch if visiting Ventspils. Food is great, portions are very generous. Prices are very affordable. Me and my friends we are a bear lovers, so we here pleased with the choice of the local bear - Užavas. Service is excellent. Loved the atmosphere, have been there for a couple of times, surely will be visiting Skroderkrogs next time being in the city. Highly recommend this place as one of the best in Ventspils.

• Visited July 2014

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

With the sun going down and shining through the many windows the place was bathing in a golden colour. My kids meat, chicken, wasnt that tasty (hard). My meat loving boy didnt even want to eat it. I had a feta salad which was nice and broccoli soup with salmon which was better. But the friendly waitress, the nice atmosphere, the glass of very tasty wine, the affordable prices made this place a perfect closure of my day in Ventspils.

• Visited August 2014
Gislaved, Sweden
“Best in Ventspils so far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

I've been in Venstpils two times before this trips so I've tried several resturants. This resturant is way better than all the other. The service and food was excellent and looked great. The price was really good too, not much different from other resturants in Ventspils with much lower standard. We were two persons eating and I would probably have to pay twice as much for only one person for a meal of this standard in Sweden.

• Visited August 2014
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Excellent place to enjoy your meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

We only visited Ventspils shortly while waiting for our ferry to Stockholm, and found Skroderkrogs accidentaly during our walk through the town. It's a very cosy little restaurant, they have a wonderful place to sit outside, great food, coffee and desserts. The service was excellent. Would highly recommend Skroderkrogs to anybody visiting Ventspils!

• Visited July 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

In my opinion Ventspils is one of the most beautiful cities in Latvia. There are a lot of tourists from other countries, visiting Ventspils in summer time, so I am not an exception. That is not my first time when I visit Ventspils because I have some friends there. I pay a lot of attention to places where I can enjoy food of high quality. I tried a lot, but I found, as I can say now, my favourite cafe is called ’’Skroderkrogs’’.
I can’t say that it is easy to find this place although it is located in a city centre, but don’t worry there are a lot of ways how to find it: to call them, find in the map or just to ask local citizens. I forgot to say that it is better to make a reservation before you decide to visit this place.
Prices are the second reason why I spend a lot of time being there. I like fish very much so I order only fish dishes. One portion is big enough and costs about 8 euro. I want to make a comment that it is the most expensive dish in the menu.
The staff and atmosphere are always great. Waitresses are smiley, pretty and well-dressed. If you have any questions, you can ask them. One more thing to be noted is that you can visit ‘’Skroderkrogs’’ with your children because there is a place to play or draw for them.
I hope you will enjoy spending time there!

• Visited June 2014