“If I could rate 10 I would!!!”

Valmiermuiza Beer Brewery
Full-Day Tour to Latvian Beer Breweries and Cesis
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Valmiera
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Honouring our traditions, Valmiermuiza Brewery brews natural and non-pasteurized beer. In turn, the adjoining Beer Kitchen offers new combinations of flavours and emotions on a plate, characteristic of the season and with their roots in Latvia’s land. Here you have an opportunity to become acquainted with the cornerstones of brewing beer and to enjoy a story of harmony between beer and amazing dishes, allowing different flavours to play on your tongue!
“If I could rate 10 I would!!!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I'm from Valmiera but now live in Scotland and at least twice a year me and my partner try to go and visit my family! Now for last 4 years tradition is to have Valmiermuižas alus! Always we got that in shops or my mum would get for us but this time we went there and had a fantastic tour around! Big thanks to shop staff who arraigned tour for us in an hour! And even bigger THANKS to fantastic Jevgenijs! He manège to give us tour in two languages Latvian for my mum and English for my partner. He showed so much passion about what he and Valmiermuižas alus is doing! Few days later we came back with my mum and gran for lunch! Best lunch ever!!( Sorry mum! :) ) Proper Latvian home cooking! Big portion for very good value!
Now Valmiermuizas alus is one of our must do list when we visit Valmiera!
Me, my partner, my mum and gran wish you all the best in future!
THANK YOU AND ALL THE BEST!

Visited September 2013

• Finnish first
Voru, Estonia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience and beers”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We went there with a group of 35 people and took a tour in the brewery. It was really interesting and worth the money. In the of the tour there was a beer tasting. We had light and dark Valmiermuiža's beer and also some kind of cookies. After that we went to the small shop where we could buy different cheeses and beer, handicraft and sweets. All made by local farms and people. I really recommend going to the Valmiermuiža brewery. I had a great time there and it's the first time I actually liked dark beer.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Maike L
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Not only beer, but interesting presents and souveniers”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I really love this brewery not only because tasty beer they make, but also because they have wonderful shop where to buy lovely presents from local artists and great food stuff - candies and biscuits made of brewers grain, different jams and preserves, etc.
They organize farmers markets several times a year, this is place to be - with folk music and some traditional workshops...

Visited December 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The main attraction in the area”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The Valmiermuiža brewery is definitely the main attraction in Valmiermuiža, which in and by itself is not really much to see: your very average post-Soviet rural village which has seen better days. But the presence of the brewery has indeed revitalised the village, there are English-language tours available, and the beer is among the most delicious Latvian brews -- if a tad pricey. If you go there, a visit to nearby Valmiera is a must. If you're into beer, you may also head over to Brenguļu Abula brewery -- some 8km for Valmiera -- which features a more rural beer and an off the beaten path experience.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Didzis V
Valmiera, Latvia
“Perfect - small and delicate”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I like the enthusiasm of beer producing interpretation. Atmosphere in nice rustic shop is fabulous adding view or degustation of all nice local things. The best place for edible souvenirs in the region.

Visited August 2012