All reviews nice garden lovely place guests breakfast centre sofa
Selected filters
Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is cute and has a really nice garden. The owner is really helpful and friendly. Also the breakfast is absolutely nice. He fries the eggs himself for his guests. I would recomend it for a stay at Sigulda anytime.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2017

October of 2017 my husband and I came to Sigulda for a brief overnight visit with friends. We needed a place for a basic stay and found Livonijia Hotel just up the road from our friend's place. The hotel perfectly met our needs. The grounds, building and our room were meticulously clean and well kept. The building is inviting and the grounds manicured and attractive. The bed was comfortable and we appreciated the two duvets. For an additional charge the hotel offers a breakfast which we did not need. We had good wifi and a gracious host. My only heads-up is be aware that there are rather steep stairs to the floors where the guest rooms are. We had only back packs, so this was not an impediment, but a suitcase would have been a challenge. The hotel was about 10 minutes easy walk from the train/bus station.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Firstly I would say you get what you pay for so if you expect luxury pay more. This was great value for the cost - scrupulously clean, fresh towels every day, heaps for breakfast with a big variety ( you pay extra for breakfast). I found the bed to be very comfortable. It was to have a private bathroom although the water pressure in the shower was not always strong - never mind - there was plenty of hot water. Internet is included which was great on the couple of rainy afternoons we experienced. Location was very good, walking distance to some good places to eat and very convenient to the national park, station and castles.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

Clean and ok place. Nothing special, but ok. Friendly host.
Separate blankets in the bed of two.
Queen bed was a bit small for two, but that's what queen bed is like :)
Would go again.
Enough hot water :)

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2017

Livonija was a lovely surprise. I chose Sigulda to be a good mid-point between two quite lengthy drives and I wanted to be away from Riga. This hotel is set in gorgeous grounds, is very well looked after by its proprietors, had excellent wifi and a great breakfast, all at economical rates. It was a short distance off the highway. I recommend the Livonija to singles, couples and families.

Date of stay: July 2017