“Great Value - Helpful Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roofs Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Riga
Red Roofs Hotel
You added Red Roofs Hotel to your Saves list
Ranked #99 of 108 Hotels in Riga
Bethlehem, New Hampshire, United States
“Great Value - Helpful Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Our room was more than adequate. We had a toilet. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. One of the clerks was enormously helpful and found us affordable, good lodging in our next city, Vilnius, Lithuania.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Odenton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Good value for money. Was surprised room had private bath. Great location and quiet. Mattress was uncomfortable. Definitely at the lower end, would probably spend a little more next time.
Stayed three nights.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My stay at Red Roofs was a little bit strange. It was comfortable enough, although the room and bathroom definitely could have been spruced up somewhat and a bit more homely.

On the other hand, the staff didn't seem to know when breakfast was, if indeed it was served at all. The second morning I seemed to be the only person having breakfast there, and what was on offer was a bit feeble.

Then, towards the end of my staff, the painters and decorators had moved in and my room was the only one on the floor that wasn't being done up, which was slightly unnerving. I kept thinking I would come back to find all my belongings under dust covers, although it was fine.

I'm also curious about the marketing of Red Roofs. It doesn't appear to be in the guidebooks, and the Italian restaurant they promoted next door didn't seem to exist. Overall, it was a slightly odd experience, although I did enjoy my trip to Riga a lot. It may just be that I booked before they started to overhaul the hotel/hostel but they had forgotten about this when they made the reservation and so had to honour it. It wasn't a brilliant place that I would rush back too, but neither was it awful.

Room Tip: Seems to be under renovation just now, (autumn 2012) although nothing so far about this on the websi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Warsaw F
Krasnodar, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I booked single room in this hostel-like hotel (its web-site calls it as Red Roofs Inn). Shared bathroom and toilet (clean enough) were in the corridor. My room was very tiny, but for the money I paid for it I couln't find another one in the city center, though October is off-season time for Riga. The hotel is located right in the center next to the Church of St. Peter (which represents one of the best "postcard" views of the city). Galeria shopping center is located about 20 meters away.
Except the size I have no other complaints about my room. It's true, there is minimum of furniture, but I was the traveller who spends in the hotel only night, walking the rest of time, watching the city streets and sightseens.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank comedi
Vilnius, Lithuania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We have stayed in this hotel for two nights at end of March 2012. Location was great, staff was friendly although these are all the good things I can mention about this hotel. We have got big suite with separate bedroom and once we entered the room it was so cold – you never wanted to take your coats of. It was about minus 1 C outside during night and up to +10 during the day, but both batteries in the room remained dead cold. I have asked for a heater at reception, but the one I got was very small and didn’t do much at all. The suite still was cold and damp. The hot water was not hot at all. It was just bearable to take the shower. I am wondering if they didn’t have problems with Legionella before. The towel dryer in the bathroom remained cold all the time; no one changed our towels, so we had to use the same damp ones every day. The drain in the shower was blocked, and I only realized that once the water from shower reached the door of the bathroom.
Breakfast was average – two choices of cereal, some meat, cheese, milk, yogurt, tea and coffee.
I would definitely recommend skipping this hotel, there are plenty of better hotels in the old town at the same price range.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Simonas G

Travelers are raving about these Riga hotels

Sale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I have just returned from a 3 night stay at Red Roofs and it was OK. I would have to say that it was nothing particularily special but nothing to complain about, either. Located right in the Old Town, opposite St Johns Church, it is the ideal location for exploring the city. The 2 girls I dealt with were pleasant and spoke good English and the reception was manned 24hrs a day. My room was small - about 2 metres by 2 metres, with just a bed, wardrobe, small table and small sofa but it was warm and clean. The breakfast wasn't great, 2 choices of cereal, 2 cold meats, some cheese and yoghurt, with coffee from the machine in reception and some bread. As a cheap option - 16 Lats per night - it was fine and if I visit Riga again, then I would bear this place in mind.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank SaleDamc
France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

We had a wonderful time in Red Roofs Hotel - stayed for our honeymoon. The staff was amazing nothing was to much trouble! Clean and comfortable rooms. Warmly recommend. Also we wish to recommend family restaurant Alibi near the hotel. It’s very tasty grilled dishes in Latvian traditional style and romantic atmosphere. We tried grilled venison with peas puree and red wine sauce. It was fantastic taste.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple