“Medieval with bells on”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Medieval with bells on”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This has to be one of the most awesome atmospheric places I've seen. It's right up there with any old castle or fort I've visited. Hundreds of candles lighting the old vaulted rooms, lots of rooms with large wooden tables. It's really beautiful. The staff were dressed in medieval costume & I wasn't expecting the food to be up to much but we were pleasantly surprised. The bread is served in old muslin bags & was very tasty. They use old 14th/15th century recipes. The beef & lamb were fab. Don't leave Riga without popping into this utterly amazing venue.

Visited May 2014

• Turkish first
Tallinn, Estonia
“Cute touristy place”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Very cute medieval like place with surprisingly good food. I didn't expect much from restaurant with a lot of "bells and whistles" like burning candles and staff wearing medieval clothes etc, but the food turned out to be great.
Make sure to try their special honey beer!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank deeedl
Vaasa, Finland
“Quite good.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The most atmospheric place i've ever been, food was really traditional midieval way cooked, portions were mid sized so you have to eat the whole menu to get full but it's worth it.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Ihainpa
London, United Kingdom
“Most expensive and worst meal in Riga!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We went here for my dad's birthday, we were expecting it to be special for him, I am afraid it was such a disappointment. It was so expensive compared to anywhere else in Riga and the food was really bad, I had fish which was overcooked and inedible, we had read that you are told a story about the place from your waiter so when we hadn't been told anything my sister asked the waiter if he could tell us about the place, in return he picked up the menu and pointed her to a paragraph at the back of it!
They also knew it was my dad's birthday and I wasn't expecting anything amazing but even a simple happy birthday would have been nice. Please don't go here, it really is a tourist trap. By all means go down for a wander around the building which is nice, but please don't waste your money on food when there are so many other lovely places to eat for half the price.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank 950hello123
“You feel a queen!”
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

I came here with my boyfriend, and we didn't know what was it but once you go downstairs you realize how charming and beautiful this place is. You really feel as the queen of a castle, and your imagination starts to fly! The food is delicious with big portions and the beer is on top! Nice service, I really recomend it.

Visited August 2013