“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of Rozengrals

Rozengrals
Ranked #26 of 1,053 Restaurants in Riga
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We gad late weekend lunch at this restaurant. First thing to mention - this is a touristic attraction, because the restaurant itself is decorated as medieval cellar, does not have any light but just candles and waiters were wearing medieval costumes.
The food was very good! especially roasted wild boar with porcini mushrooms.
I would recommend this place!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,999)

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was taken there by a local girlfriend, I did not even imagine what "you'll see how suggestive it is" meant. I went in and it was a gorgeous sight experience, candles, suggestive furniture, it is a literal trip to middle age. I think there are some details they could be take care better, such as modern bath acessories or draft beer tools, not matching with all the rest (bricks, wonderful ceiling) but the whole impression is amazing. Now the bad new... the food is awful, at least the salad I chose (shrimps with asparagus and dry tomato). The poor portion is not worth the price (around 9 lat if I remember well - kind of 13 euro) and the taste was unsatisfactory at all, because of a bad souce inside and just 3/4 small shrimps in. Apart from this, actually dry tomato doesn't match well with the rest but I ordered the dish, its my fault (despite I hadn't many choices since I don't eat meat. I'd be happy to pay even more due to location, which is wonderful, but please guys... you can improve your result in the kitchen. I did not find service is the best you can have either.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Nice little restaurant. Food was good with a history lesson included. Medieval music provided by a trio of musicians. Good attention to detail in the decor. Only downside is that it is quite touristy and as a result more expensive.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

it is an attaraction for tourists like the restaurants Peppersack or Olde Hansa in Tallinn : a "Medieval" restaurant ! Everything is done to let you feel as a Lord or a Lady of that time. Light coming only from candles, staff dressed as in the Middle-age (but they perfectly speak English), old music...
The menu is, of course, expensive but you don't pay only for it... It is good and tasty but you must pay for the vegetables or the feculents appart from the main course. It is sometimes difficult to read the menu (light coming from the candles is really poor) but it is a part of the game.
Be carefull when you go down to the cellar (where the restaurant is) : the stairs are not well illuminated...

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great atmosphere in the underground vault.
Good musicians doing the medieval thing.
Food was very bland. NOT fine dining!
Problems with computer meant we had to wait for a long time for our food. But we were given extra drinks as compensation.