“Lovely fresh sushi”

Ranked #359 of 1,015 Restaurants in Riga
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2014

This one has excellent sushi, the only reason it's 4* is that it's a little more expensive but you get better service, nicer atmosphere, and less "standard" sushi.

There are newer reviews for Planeta Sushi

Reviewed December 15, 2013

The restaurant in 16 Skunu street has been renovated and renamed: now it is called "Planeta", they have acquired the second floor and a more European and less Japanese look.

I must admit I liked the previous design better - it had more of a spirit and helped you to tune-in for eating sushi, if you follow.

Still it's a nice place, especially for companies of 3-4, although a couple can find a cozy place, too.

The menu has both expanded and shrunk: you might miss some of the courses, but there are new to taste, and everything is still as delicious as ever.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Would not advise to go here - sushi is not fresh (my sashimi was not cold at all). Also overpriced, not just for Latvian standards (35 EUR lunch). No tap water, but evian...

1  Thank Vincent T
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We went here based on its proximity to our hotel in the old town and happily surprised!

My partner and I have had a lot of sushi globally (but not Japan) and this was pretty good. Their 2 item serves were on the pricy side but they were delicious! Their Octopus sashimi I can safely recommend! Our waiter told us there was a two-for-one deal on the smaller eight sushi platters so we went with avocado and salmon. Very happy with the quality, and even excluding the special offer, the price was decent too.

I have to agree the service was a little slow even though it was far from packed. This may be because the menu was quite thick and it could take customers a while to make their choice, whereas we knew approximately what we wanted before walking in.Having said that, the waiters were at all times pleasant and courteous.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

When I visited this place last time, the restaurant in 16 Skunu Str. was closed for renovation, so I tried the one in 26 Valnu Str. (a bit closer to the border of the Old City - next to the shopping centre of "Galerija Centrs").

The restaurant is located in the 1st floor - above "Il Patio", and the look is their customary "Japanese" interior in white and brown. Simple, but pleasant.

The menu had become richer, and I'd recommend to try the three kinds of teppanyaki rice, adding some soy to it.

The prices are not as low as one would wish, but not crazy, either.