“Superb”

Bergs
Ranked #54 of 1,105 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bergs Restaurant is located at the Bergs Bazaar in downtown Riga – a stunning historical building complex – a place with 5-star charm shaped by historical architecture, elegant design, and the 5-star Hotel Bergs. The restaurant’s interior is elegant, with attention to every detail. The design, shape, sophisticated textile and harmonious colours have been specially selected for Bergs Restaurant to highlight and complement its core – the unique product and its exquisite flavour. Interior designers have also given a lot of thought to comfort, so that guests can enjoy their meals without a rush. The restaurant has the most comfortable chairs in Riga with a carefully selected sitting angle and table placement proportion. The atmosphere at Bergs Restaurant is complemented by piano music, saxophone and classical music – making it all a unique and unforgettable experience.
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Very nice restaurant just outside the old city center. Very good service and superb food. We had a menu, and I enjoyed it very much

1  Thank wimmore

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Bergs and had breakfast daily and one lunch. The service was very good and despite it being a 5 star hotel, it was unpretentious. The food was excellent. We enjoyed our dining experience.

Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

The food was adequate but certainly not outstanding, especially for the prices. The $200/2 people dinner was not worth it. Service and atmosphere is lovely. The hotel is worth a look to see the blending of modern and old.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

We chose Bergs for a special-occasion dinner, and overall had a pleasant evening. We reserved by email from the UK, which turned out to be quite unnecessary as the place was pretty empty (it was a Friday). The welcome was fine, although not particularly warm, and we got a nice window table. The all-male service was polite but uninspired (reviewer bkb01 is right on this one) except for the wine waiter who was excellent. We loved the food, though. Memorable dishes included a Japanese-inspired salmon starter, a main of turbot, and a dessert based on sheep's cheese. The wine waiter recommended an off-list bottle to replace our Italian choice, and it was outstanding (and cheaper). The principal negative was a noisy two-year-old child who made a real nuisance of himself for much of the evening; it doesn't have to be like that - a large family came in later with immaculately-behaved children.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Ate at this much aclaimed restaurant on our first night at Hotel Bergs and boy was it a disappointment.
Our finely cut beef starter turned out to be steak tartare, my sturgeon main was tastless, the only redeeming dish was my partners free range chicken breast which was lovely.
Waiters were polite but had no real customer service skills, never once were we asked if our meals were alright.
In fact, thinking about it, we were shown to our table, ordered our meals, served and largely ignored.
I'm beginning to get a complex about myself the more I write reviews on Tripadvisor of restaurants and hotels I have visited.
There seems to be a trend and that is, the more I smile and be polite, the more I get ignored.
I went to a budget lower end standard food pub next to Heathrow airport the evening before flying out to Riga and was treated like royalty and I'd never been there before in my life and it cost a fraction of what I paid at Bergs.
It may look pretty on the plate chef, but to be right up there at the top, you've got to wow me with it's appearance, wow me with the taste and wow me with the service.
Sorry Bergs you get 1 out of 3 and it aint for the taste and the service.

1  Thank Covcity4ever