“Hanza Fraudulently Charged Credit Card”
Review of Hanza Hotel

Hanza Hotel
Ranked #38 of 112 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Hanza Hotel fraudulently charged a family member's credit card for a stay when the reservation was changed weeks in advance. They refused to work with the customer to resolve the issue. The customer service was horrible.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank DanCahill01970

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Hanza Hotel fraudulently charged my debit card over $700 on November 24th, 2013, and they have refused to credit my card. The assume that because they are a big hotel chain and I am just a single mom, I will drop this and they will get to keep my money.

They tried to claim that I authorized this use. I did not. I was told by booking.com that I could 'hold' a reservation with my card, while I worked out whether I would need those dates. I reserved the room on the evening of Nov 23rd and cancelled the next afternoon. Not only did they use my card without authorization, they did it after I cancelled the reservation a mere 18 hours after holding the room.

i have written several emails, and they still refuse to do the right thing. This is BAD business practice. I am a frequent traveller and I have never been so poorly treated by a hotel chain.

DO NOT make the mistake of booking with this hotel whose ethics are obviously questionable at best. If they choose to do the right thing and refund my card, I will remove this negative review.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank Keri C
Reviewed December 9, 2013

great value hotel , clean rooms , great breakfast selection , arrived early and was able to use luggage room for bags.
good central location , few minutes walk to market , central station and stockmann centre and about ten minutes to old town with plenty to see on the way
would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank damajowi
Reviewed November 12, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Travelmeisje
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

really nice hotel. great breakfast nice staff. nice and clean rooms with bathroom heating floor. good localisation near central stationa. i have forgotten one thing from room after check out and giveed me.back the same day.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank wojtynka
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed here for two nights on my first visit to Riga.

The hotel is an older building that has a completely remodeled and renewed interior.

Check-in was quick and friendly.

My room was very nice sized and clean. The bathroom was quite large and had a great shower. The room had two big windows with a southern exposure. Great sun.

The complimentary breakfast in the morning was fantastic. Great variety with a few changes from one day to the next.

I used public transportation from the airport to the hotel and only had to walk about five minutes once I got off the bus.

This hotel is only two blocks away from the central market. I was fascinated by the variety of goods sold. Portions of the central market is housed in old dirigible hangars dating from around WWI.

I really enjoyed my visit to Riga and would like to return again.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank MNSQ575
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 31, 2013

nice hotel but too far out of city .and when ask taxi in town centre they say not go to there .so had to walk in rain to hotel . but is nice hotel and clean .food good .staff nice .friendly . so would stay again .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple