“Discover business lunch”
Review of Muusu - CLOSED

Muusu
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Muusu is a story of values developed through years of experience. We praise beauty and comfort; every detail counts. The Nordic interior – clean lines, raw brick walls, linen fabrics and wood in combination with metal is an exquisite background for that which is essential – the food and our emotions.The Muusu menu offers the values of contemporary European cuisine. Try seasonal highlights, such as asparagus gel and local delights – goat’s cheese foam or grilled venison meat in a juniper berry port wine sauce. The Muusu chef Ainārs Volodka has previously worked in one of the best restaurants in the world, the famous Noma in Copenhagen. In Riga he has gathered a team of creative professionals. The Muusu ascetic plates manufactured in the Rauna brick kiln are just like a canvas to paint on.Late brunch, a business dinner, an evening with friends or a very special occasion – The Muusu restaurant is like a chameleon, adapting to and supporting your different emotions. We would like to take the liberty to warn you that your time will fly on Muusu sofas.
Austin, Texas
“Discover business lunch”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We came across Muuso when we were taking a walking tour of Riga's Art Nouveau architecture. The staff suggested the business lunch. What a great deal! Option of one, two or three courses at a very low price. I had a salad and cod. Delicious. The service and atmosphere were superb.

1 Thank lgaustin

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Great lunch in art nouveau district”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Stumbled across this great restaurant whilst visiting the art nouveau district. Had the lunchtime special menu which was great food at a very good price.

Visited August 2014
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best Restaurants in Riga”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

There are lots of fine establishments clustered around the corner of Antonijas and Albert streets but Muusu is the best.
I have been in Riga quite a few times lately and since my first memorable meal here back in May I have returned at least half a dozen times. The food is imaginative, seasonal, well presented and utterly delicious. The staff are very friendly, polite and knowledgeable. On several occasions they offered me advice on both food and wine and I was glad I took their advice.
Each time I have been here, whether for a simple pasta or a multi-course meal, I have left feeling that I had dined well and been very well looked after.
The prices are not cheap but I feel what is on offer is value for money considering the very high quality.

1 Thank Simon M
London, United Kingdom
“Will probably not go there again”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

This is a restaurant in a nice location with a lovely interior and definitely quite fancy. Unfortunately for them, as lovely as interior can be, people usually go to a restaurant for food. I ordered a home-made pasta dish.

It probably requires lots of skill to cook one pasta dish so that part of it was undercooked, part of it was overlooked, and part of it stuck together in a knot. I would say such unusual method is even more unusual when served in the context of fine dining.

4 Thank Julia B
Old Sodbury
“5 Stars”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic meal - one of the best meals my wife and I have ever tasted.

My starter was a smoked goose breastfeeding salad while my wife had romaine lettuce with prawns. Both delicious.

My main was duck breast with a celeriac mash and roasted baby carrots and my wife's was shoulder of lamb with a mushroom puree. Top notch.

Creme Brulee and a chocolate brownie rounded off the meal.

The above, plus copious amounts of wine, liqueurs and coffee cane to 118 Euros, which I thought excellent value for the high quality of the food.

Service is friendly and efficient. Our waiter, Martins, was knowledgeable and didn't have to write down any of our orders - the mark of a professional.

1 Thank ChairmanBill