Lowest prices for your stay
$75
Mercure
$75
Vio.com
$68
Expedia.com$75
Hotels.com$75
travelup.com$80
All reviews railway station old town recommend this hotel the bus convenient location decent hotel central market reception staff breakfast was excellent tv bathtub
Selected filters
Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

I've been in the hotel for bussiness purposes and there was training rooms which were very good navigation and service meals in breaks. Rooms was fine to get rest and sleep. Just one minus - price in bar for cocktails. Thank you for good service and good time

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
AccorhotelsLatvia, Генеральный директор at Mercure Riga Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2017

Dear Dana S,
Thank you very much for your positive and surely a very helpful review for the other travelers.

We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed all of our training room, facilities, accommodation and our cuisine throughout your stay. It is very satisfying to know that we could make your stay a memorable one.

The whole team of Mercure Riga Centre is looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 4nights, overall a very average stay!
The hotel was very good value for money, the rooms were well kept and clean. All you really need, plenty of room and storage. Beds are comfy and showers good quality. Ideal for younger people I would say, as the walk to and from the main town is a fair distance. There are a couple of attractions closer by such as the markets. Reception staff are very helpful, always welcoming.

The main problem we found was breakfast, all I can say was it was totally chaotic no members of staff to see you to your tables, up to yourself if you wanted to sort out cutlery. I understand it gets busy sometimes but this was every morning! There wasn't really a great deal, plus wasn't the best quality compared to similar hotels.

Overall this hotel did the job for us it was cheaper than others which allowed us to stay longer, so you have to weight up what you would prefer.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AccorhotelsLatvia, Генеральный директор at Mercure Riga Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Dear Conor,
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and finding the time to share your expercience with us regarding your recent stay at Mercure Riga Centre.

We appreciate your kind remarks about our rooms and location.
Please accept my deepest apology for the inconvinience you experienced during breakfast time. Unfotunately, past few days were really busy. But please be sure that we will find a solution for this and will make sure it never happens in the future.

Your comments are important to us and will be used to monitor and improve the service provided to our guests, especially the service in the restaurant.
We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Riga in the near future.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

Loved our stay here. Location is fantastic. Despite the size of this hotel it is very cosy. Checkin was smooth. No problems at all. Staff is friendly and helpful.
Room was ready the way we requested. Beds were comfy. Might be some issues with the aircon. Couldnt adjust the desired temperature. Minibar is full of complimentary drinks. That is thoughtful.
Breakfast was nice but we missed some continental breakfast standart dishes. Anyway it was fine. One downside is the staff at the breakfast restaurant. It was not busy but many tables were not cleaned and ready. So we had to wait until at least one table was ready. The blond girl at the restaurant were a bit tired or ignorant (not sure). Some improvements should be made in dining.
Another downside was the parking. Parking lot is good but charging 15€ per night is a bit expensive. Usually parking for guests is free of charge but oh well - at least our car was in good hands.
So if you are looking for some luxurious experience in the center of Riga, this hotel is for you.
We loved our stay and looking forward to book it again.

Thank you!

Improvements in dining
Expensive parking

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
AccorhotelsLatvia, Генеральный директор at Mercure Riga Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Dear lithua,

On behalf of our entire Mercure team we would like to thank you for your warm feedback regarding Mercure Riga Centre.
Your excellent comments on our fantastic location, friendly spa, comfortable bed and breakfast are highly appreciated.
I will make sure that everyone from the Mercure Riga Centre team will be informed about your kind words.

I was however concerned to learn that, on this occasion, we failed to deliver our normal high standards of service during breakfast time and working conditions of AC in the room. Please accept my sincere apologies for the undue inconvenience you experienced in both situations.

Needless to say that your observations will be brainstormed with my Food and Beverage team and appropriate actions will be taken.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.

Until then, we wish you all the best.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed August 3, 2017

The Hotel is very nice (each stage has different colors).
Location is very convenient - it's near train station and city buses stops, also not far from bus station and near old town (in fact, you can reach it by foot).
It can be difficult to park the car, despite opposite hotel there is a payable parking, but I'm not sure, you will find free space, because i did not find and must leave the car in the centre of parking (which, as I understand, it's allowed, but your car should not block other).
The room was spacious and well equipped, had good wi-fi, and was clean.
Breakfast is very good, great variety of different dishes, and, for example, egss are prepared when You ask for them.

So, I think, this hotel is quite good choice if You want to spend weekend in Riga.

Room tip: If You like silence, ask for the room with windows to inner yard, because rooms. facing main road can be a bit noisy.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
AccorhotelsLatvia, Генеральный директор at Mercure Riga Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2017

Dear geduko81,
We would like to thank you for choosing Mercure Riga Centre and finding the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.com regarding your recent stay.

We are glad to read that you have enjoyed the hotelt's overall atmosphere and facilities notably the location & rooms facilities and that you appreciated our breakfast and hotelš design.

Your feedback is very important to us and be sure that our teams have been informed about your kind comments.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Mercure Riga Centre for another great stay.

Reviewed July 31, 2017

I stayed here for two nights. I was given a free upgrade to a corner Privilege room as per my Accor Platinum card. My room was large, spacious and comfortable. The bed was excellent as was the shower. The air con was effective, and the room was very quiet, despite being on a corner with two external facing walls. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The location is good too, just on the edge of Riga centre, meaning the city centre, the train station and bus station are all a very short walk away.

There's two areas that I thought needed improvement. One was the breakfast - the range of food available was quite small, certainly smaller than other mid-range Accor hotels I've stayed at. The second area was cleanliness. As shown in one of the photos I've attached, there was something white staining the wall underneath my bedside table, and there was some pink goo stuck on the strip of white wallpaper under the bedside table. I don't expect housekeeping to miss something that obvious!

I also thought the air-con - as good as it was at keeping my room cool - was a little strange, as there was no option to turn it off! It was basically on all the time, albeit with user-selectable temperatures and speeds. However, no option to turn it off, so no way to stop the fan noise when trying to sleep.

This is a nice hotel, and there's no reason to not stay here. I'd just like to see them improve the breakfast offering, and make sure guest rooms are spotlessly clean.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
AccorhotelsLatvia, Генеральный директор at Mercure Riga Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Dear Richy-UK_1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent experience at Mercure Riga Centre.

We are glad to read that you have enjoyed the hotel's overall atmosphere and facilities notably the room, the bed and shower, as well as location. We are glad to know that you appreciated our friendly staff-team.

As for the breakfasts, we are doing our utmost effort to upgrade our breakfast menu to prevent similar inconvenience for our guests. I was however concerned to learn that, on this occasion, we failed to deliver our normal high standards of cleanliness in the room. Please accept my sincere apologies for the undue inconvenience , your comments and pictures are delivered to Housekeeping department.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon and be given the opportunity to regain your trust in our products and services.
Best regards,