Lowest prices for your stay
Mercure
$78
$78
Vio.com
$70
Expedia.com$79
Hotels.com$79
travelup.com$105
All reviews railway station old town recommend this hotel the bus convenient location decent hotel central market reception staff breakfast was excellent tv bathtub
Selected filters
Reviewed July 31, 2017

I stayed here for two nights. I was given a free upgrade to a corner Privilege room as per my Accor Platinum card. My room was large, spacious and comfortable. The bed was excellent as was the shower. The air con was effective, and the room was very quiet, despite being on a corner with two external facing walls. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The location is good too, just on the edge of Riga centre, meaning the city centre, the train station and bus station are all a very short walk away.

There's two areas that I thought needed improvement. One was the breakfast - the range of food available was quite small, certainly smaller than other mid-range Accor hotels I've stayed at. The second area was cleanliness. As shown in one of the photos I've attached, there was something white staining the wall underneath my bedside table, and there was some pink goo stuck on the strip of white wallpaper under the bedside table. I don't expect housekeeping to miss something that obvious!

I also thought the air-con - as good as it was at keeping my room cool - was a little strange, as there was no option to turn it off! It was basically on all the time, albeit with user-selectable temperatures and speeds. However, no option to turn it off, so no way to stop the fan noise when trying to sleep.

This is a nice hotel, and there's no reason to not stay here. I'd just like to see them improve the breakfast offering, and make sure guest rooms are spotlessly clean.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
AccorhotelsLatvia, Генеральный директор at Mercure Riga Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Dear Richy-UK_1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent experience at Mercure Riga Centre.

We are glad to read that you have enjoyed the hotel's overall atmosphere and facilities notably the room, the bed and shower, as well as location. We are glad to know that you appreciated our friendly staff-team.

As for the breakfasts, we are doing our utmost effort to upgrade our breakfast menu to prevent similar inconvenience for our guests. I was however concerned to learn that, on this occasion, we failed to deliver our normal high standards of cleanliness in the room. Please accept my sincere apologies for the undue inconvenience , your comments and pictures are delivered to Housekeeping department.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon and be given the opportunity to regain your trust in our products and services.
Best regards,

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

The Mercure Riga Center is really good located. Hotel and rooms are nice.
I would definitely recommend this hotel!
Breakfast has a lot of choice and well organized, so even if there is a lot of guests, there is enough to choose.
Staff are nice also.
See you soon!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AccorhotelsLatvia, Генеральный директор at Mercure Riga Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2017

Dear lorraine_Isne,
We would like to thank you for choosing our Mercure Riga Centre Hotel and taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your overall stay at Mercure Riga Centre, especially our breakfast, location and rooms.
We will be more than happy to have the pleasure to welcome you back at Mercure RIga Centre in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for one night. My hotel room was directly above the nightclub/event venue downstairs and the music went on until past midnight, although the receptionist told me many times they would stop well before 11pm. Not sure if this is regular at the hotel or not. The complimentary jacuzzi/sauna appeared to be 10€/per person when we tried to go there. Breakfast was a poor show and most of the foods and also hot water for tea was cold. The location is OK if arriving by car, otherwise I would avoid.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
AccorhotelsLatvia, Генеральный директор at Mercure Riga Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2017

Dear Laura,
On behalf of the entire Mercure Riga Centre team, we would like to thank you for taking your time to write a review of our property.
Please accept our deepest apologies for the inconvinience you experienced because of the event that was held in our restaurant on Firday night and breakfast that was not at par of your expectations.
Be sure that our departments have been informed about your feedback and that actions are already planned in order to improve our services.
Once again, I do apologize for all the inconviniences and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.
Best regards,
Genereal Manager of Mercure Riga Centre

Reviewed June 24, 2017

We stayed 2 nights in Riga and found the Mercure very adequate. The location is good, close to the railwaystation, from the long-distance bussattion its a five minute walk.
The rooms are large and quiet, the large bathroom with its walk-in shower has daylight as well. We had a room toward the street with a view of the town. The sunlight in the northern summer was effectively blocked by closing the curtains.
Staff are friendly and helpful,
We found the breakfast (buffet and freshly made eggs or ommelette) quite good, however the quality of the juices and coffee could have been better.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank RobRevet
AccorhotelsLatvia, Генеральный директор at Mercure Riga Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2017

Dear Rob,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us following you recent stay in Mercure Riga Centre. Your comments are very important to us and helps us to improve our services.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and our friendly staff.
However, I am sorry to hear that the quality of juices and coffee has dissapointed you.
We do hope to welcome you back in our hotel in the near future!
Kind regards,
General Manager of Mercure Riga Centre Hotel

Reviewed June 24, 2017

A hotel should be clean, quiet, and comfortable and this one is. Reception staff were extremely helpful and things could not have gone better.
Our room had windows which opened which meant no rattling AC which was good.
Supervision of the breakfast staff could have been a little better - tables were not cleared as promptly as they ought.
I would stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: June 2017