“Great stay in a brand new hotel”

Mercure Riga Centre
Ranked #21 of 109 Hotels in Riga
Geneva, Switzerland
“Great stay in a brand new hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel a couple of days after it first opened. Despite some minor coordination problems I noticed, the hotel was an excellent value for money. As an accor gold member I got upgraded to a very comfortable corner suite, got an early check in as well as a late check out and a welcoming drink. This hotel would be my first choice for future stays in Riga.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

New hotel, nicely designed and clean. Except the reception and cleaners the rest of the staff are indifferent and unorganized specially the breakfast waiters. Avoid breakfast after 9:30am, messy and almost nothing left with staff unwilling to help or attend to guests. The parking must be avoided at all costs, too expensive. As for the rooms, even the standard rooms are nice and modern with good bathroom and showers. Wifi is great overall the place and internet tv lets you watch youtube videos with no interruptions. We surprisingly received the gift of another guest by the concierge by mistake. Awkward situation for the other guest. The hotel is great for now as its brand new, but you can feel its on the road of deteriorating already and losing its 4 star charm within the next year if not months.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

I have always wanted to go to Riga & I am a fan of Accor Hotels, so when I got the chance of reasonably priced flights to Riga from my home airport (Aberdeen) and found there was a new Mercure there, hubby & I went for 3 nights. The Hotel was everything I expected from a Mercure. from the time we checked in to the time we left staff were very helpful & nothing was too much trouble. Rooms were spacious. Breakfast was good. There was plenty choice, however on a personal note I would have preferred more cold meat choices instead of fish. That aside our breakfast kept us going all day. The price of drinks in the bar were also very reasonable & there was a good choice. To sum up, this hotel was exceptionally good for the price paid & I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone coming to Riga.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
MercureRigaCentre, General Manager at Mercure Riga Centre, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear sportygirl1212,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments following your stay with us here at Mercure Riga Centre. I am delighted you to hear you had a chance to visit Riga and that you were happy with service provided. Your loyalty is much appreciated. We will re-look at cold breakfast selection with our Chef.

Thanks again for your kind feedback and I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back in Riga in the near future.

Aigars Gerhards

Mercure Riga Centre
Helsinki
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

I was there the week that Hotel opened and had some serious problems,,, I wrote a bad review and after answer from Hotel had the chance of trying again. It seems that mistakes we all made and in this Hotel they corrected and improved everything I was not happy with.
I guess it is fair from my side to re write my review and give them the rating they deserve (I had to wait 3 months from my first review, trip advisor rules, but didnt forget to correct it). I travel for work quite much in Latvia and quality-price I would say it is at this point the best place to be. Near center and very convenient for both family or business trips.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
St. Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

The hotel is new and after reading the reviews at Tripadvisor I was prepared to mediocrity in everything, but the rate was lucrative and we booked 2 rooms for our family. Above expectations! Aircon was OK despite heat outside, beds were comfortable, staff was helpful, despite the quite intolerance towards Russians in Latvia (completely understandable from the history). Only TV remote control did not work in one room, but it did not spoil our plans.
The only really mediocre thing is breakfast, I did not like it in every detail, from design of the canteen till the way they clean the table after you. There is place to improve.
One nice extra is a location, it is close to Opera, to shopping mall, to Old Riga.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Nice rooms, good breakfast, good location near the railway station where you can get the train to Yurmala, friendly and polite staff. Absolutely fits in expectations of 4**** hotel. I arrived early morning and they gave me a room without any extra money. Very good offer for these money.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo