“Great Hotel with Terrific Location”
Review of Islande Hotel

Islande Hotel
Ranked #35 of 110 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at the Islande and loved this place. The staff at the front desk were just outstanding, guys and gals both. The gals certainly are great eye candy; beautiful girls and always helpful. I arrived by bicycle and they stored my bicycle with no problems inside their luggage storage. My room was excellent; I'd booked it online with booking.com and no problem at check-in. The room was a very nice size (standard single room) with queen bed, mini-bar (that did not keep anything cold, only for storage), WiFi very good in room and the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was nicely appointed with extra towels, hand and bath towels. The room also had an inroom safe and AC that kept the temperature of the room a nice temperature with no AC noise.

The hotel is located just across the river, an easy 10 minute walk to Riga Old Town. There was also the Olympia Mall just adjacent to the hotel that had a nice supermarket and shops. I highly recommend this place. Great value for the price.

Oh, and the breaksfast buffet was outstanding. Additionally, the bartenders at the bar were helpful in recommending different beers for me to try as well as wines. Thanks guys!!

Room Tip: Highly recommend!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ultrarunner
There are newer reviews for Islande Hotel

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We love restaurant on top floor, it is little bit expensive but food was amazing and staff very friendly. Room was ok but I was disappointed about shower because we have little girl so it wasn't easy to wash her. When I booked the hotel, I mention that I need bed for my daughter but we didn't get so she slept in my bed. Breakfast was nice, food was good but again, when we needed highchair there wasn't any so I can't say this hotel is family (baby) friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Had a nice stay at this hotel 7-9 June. The only thing I would like to mention as a negative was the airconditioning in the room. We stayed on the 2 floor, had dogs with us and had room 212. We never got the temperature under 25 °C even though we set the airconditioning temp. to below 18 and it was blowing from the it constantly.
On to the positive. I got to check in before 10 in the morning and we had late check-out at 19.00 (paid 5 LVL pr. hour after noon).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is a basic 4 star hotel with modest rooms. The shower was good and the bed comfortable. There was no noise as the hotel is situated away from the street. Next door is a shopping mall so it's easy to find food away from the hotel. Breakfast has a fairly good choice, but it's not great food. Location is over a long bridge from the centre and can take 15 minutes walking.

What sets this place apart is the very friendly and efficient service. I wish all hotels made the effort.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Before coming to Riga I've read a lot about this hotel so I was prepared for its durty carpets or unfriendy stuff or simple breakfast. But during all our stay I didn't notice anything of this list - everything was nice, really nice. Room is clean, river view is beautiful, for breakfast you're offered many different dishes, like beans, omlette, boiled eggs, sausages, cottage cheese, corn-flakes, fruits and vegetables, meat and cheese plates, etc. Juices were natural as well. So yes, our stay was nice, like everything int the Islande hotel.

Room Tip: It's worth to ask for room with river view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Very good place for a business trip, comfortable room , nice fitness center with sauna, steam bath and whirlpool .
Warm welcome for an enjoyable stay. The breakfast was average and could be therefore improved. We stayed 2 nights and will come back for sure.
A place to recommend . Very attractive price.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel is very good value for the money, but its a little far away from the old town during the winter time when its cold and windy outside.

The breakfast is only ok. Food is fresh but there are limited choises.

It has a great veiw to the ols town from the roof bar and top floor restaurant. Food in te restaurant is great but overpriced (atleast at new year eve when we stayed here)

The spa in the hotel is good, not luxury but its good and has great prices. We had 4 treatments during our stay and were very satisified.

If we ever travel back to Riga we will stay a little closer to the old town.

Room Tip: Do not go for a standard room, they are very small. We only payd 15 € at the counter to upgrad to a...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple