“Excellent location, basic hotel ”

Rixwell Domus Hotel
Ranked #46 of 110 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

The best thing about this hotel is the location. It really cant be better. The reception staff are also very nice and speak good english.

The rooms are ok but very simple. No aircondition and no minibar. But clean and with a good bathroom. The little tv in our room was a really small old box. But we never used it.

Breakfast i have to say was not really good. Very limited choices and staff was old russian style with no smiles.

No bar at the hotel and no restaurant. But it was possible to buy some drinks in the reception which was heavy overpriced. Not a big deal anyway. A lot of bars and restaurants around the hotel.

A plus for free and fast included wifi.

If you just want a place to sleep with the best possible location to a fair price , this is it.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Linda_Shtale, Manager at Rixwell Domus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Dear Apeks,

thank you very much for your feedback following your stay at KOLONNA Hotel Riga!

Our guest opinion is very important to us as it helps us to improve our services. Our aim is to ensure comfortable and pleasant stay for our guests.

I am glad to hear that service at reception desk met your expectations. You are right, hotel is located in the middle of Old town and location of hotel can't be better.

Regarding to your comments about breakfast service, I will do my best to improve the level of service. I believe that the smile makes our day better.

Please note that you prefer a room with air conditioner when you make booking for your next visit. All rooms that are located on the 6th floor have air conditioners.

Looking forward to welcome you in our hotel in the near future!

There are newer reviews for Rixwell Domus Hotel

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Visited Riga with group of cyclists in August. Hotel is very centrally located in Old town. Very good front desk service and they were helpful and nice. Rooms OK, elevator and family rooms were spacious. Reception helped to find places for dinner and had recommendations for beer and snacks. Nice bakery over the road.
Nearby also big summer terrace which was nice for evening beer and live music, at the same time it was noisy until 23.00 or maybe even more.
We could also park conveniently our bicycles on the cellar.
Only bad thing was breakfast, it was not at the same level as the rest of the service. Tiny room in the basement and not very big selection of food.

Room Tip: rooms at the backside are quieter and some of them have even small open space
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank citybike

Dear Citybiker from Estonia,

at first I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel! We were pleased to welcome you in our hotel and are happy to read that in general you are satisfied with the stay.

My team and I are glad to hear that you felt well looked after. I have passed on your words to my team which are very much appreciated.

Thank you for your comments about selection of food at breakfast, we will take them into consideration and analyze with Food and Beverage Manager.

However I was delighted to read that you found the other services we provide to your satisfaction. I do hope that you will return to us again in the near future and get the chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Everything about the hotel was excellent. The location was fantastic right in the middle of the old town, reception was very helpful and friendly upon arrival, the room was very large and breakfast was decent as well. Also we never paid a great deal for the room so it was much better than expected.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Murf139

Dear Murf139,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review with regards to your stay at our hotel, it is always a pleasure to read such positive feedback like yours!

I was pleased to read that you were happy with the facilities and comfort of the rooms and that you felt the staff were both friendly and helpful.

Looking forward to welcome you in the near future again!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Location was very, very good. In the Old Town, minutes away from great cafes and pubs. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good, continental breakfast. However, juices could be better. Room was clean, everything was great, but a bit disappointed in TV - was expecting something more modern.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Haliog,

thank you very much for taking time to write your positive impression about our hotel!

I am delight to hear that our services met your expectations, you enjoyed breakfast as well as location of hotel. Thank you for your useful comments about TV, we will take them into consideration when planning budget for next year.

My team and I would be pleased to welcome you in the near future again!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Top hotel in center of riga, it's not expensive in good position. The room is clean and medium. The staff are cordial and gentile. Continental breakfast is not bad, few sweet, much savoury....advised for all kind of travel

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Giovanni G
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very clean and friendly hotel with great location in the old-town's center. Room was with 3 windows to the old-town's yard and view to Dom Cathedral's roof. Minimum facilities but very comfortable. When I came the TV greeted me) Ordinary continental breakfast. Perfect for weekend in Riga.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 4th floor with 3 windows to the old-town's yard and view to Dom Cathedral...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Марина В
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I arrived in the hotel a little late and tired after driving from Tallin. The hotel is located in the very center of Riga and this is very cool and convenient.

When I arrived at the hotel, I tried to check in and it seemed to be a confusion/mistake from the place that I booked and the hotel. I had booked 2 double rooms and they had registered 2 single rooms. From moment one, I was clearly told that this was my mistake and that if I wanted to stay there I had to pay an extra 15 EUR per room per night, although I had a printed confirmation stating a double room, they couldn't care less....from then on, everything was far too difficult for them. I even asked for a map and they told me that they had already given me one (even if we were 4 in the group).

The receptionist kept on making funny remarks throughout the check in process implying that he was smart enough to get us caught trying to cheat....at some point it was just so childish that we simply gave up and decided to pay and leave the whole thing behind,

The rooms were rather big and new and clean, however if your intention is to sleep at night, just stay away from this place. We were on the 4th floor, and the amount of noise from the street was simply unbelievable. Riga is a party city during the weekend and at some point, I was convinced that my room was a night club.

Breakfast was rather limited and the option was rather short, so we didn't each much of it, other than some cereals and some orange juice.
I only stayed one night, and I was happy to leave as soon as possible, I will never stay on this place again. Horrible.

Room Tip: Just book somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends