$172
$191
  • Breakfast included
Rixwell Hotel Konventa Seta(Riga)(Great Value!)
$59
$98
$70
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $105/night.

$77
$59
Trip.com
$122
$105
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsexcellent locationold townthe penthousetwo single bedswithin walking distancerestaurants and shopsplace to sleepnice hotelrecommend this hotelbuffet breakfastcentral locationreception stafftrain stationroom was largebeautiful cityclean roomsmin walk
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My ex-husband and I stayed at Kolonna hotel last weekend. We stayed for one night. We got very nice room with two single beds as requested and with amazing view to the Kathedra. The hotel is right in the heart of Riga's Old town. The room and bathroom was very clean, no dust or carpets, but we both felt alergy. Maybe it is because of not natural bedding. It was not very strong, but quite dangerous for sensitive people I think. I had my medicines with me, so everything was ok. I would reccomend this hotel to my friends for sure and would stay there again myself. Personal is very helpful and well-manered. Breakfast was good enough too. Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The room was too simple and the view on on The close roof with other building's windows in front.
The corridor is dirty and not pleasant design.
In the room I've found some steakers from cosmetics that were left by the précuits visitors and that stayed attached to the room's carpet, bathroom's elements etc.
The water in the bathroom is stinking, the lavabo is not clean enough and a stinky smell comes from the pipes.
No desire to take a shower in such place.
Tv is working badly, sound regulation was bugging all the time!
The room decoration in general is very poor.
The buffet for te breakfast is pretty ordinary, the place is nice as the old style one, but could be better decorated to create the "ambiance"...
The situation is good - center of Riga.
The personal is gentle and nice, but unfortunately when coming to the stairs and to the room - this good points are forgotten...

• Stayed: March 2013
Linda_Shtale, Manager at Rixwell Domus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Maria M.,

thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us!

I am pleased to hear that you found our personal gentle and nice.

I am shocked to read that your room was not properly cleaned. I would like to inform you that I will investigate and analyze this case, because according to our standards a cleanliness of rooms and public places is a priority. TV sound will be checked by Specialist.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed our very central location- hotel is located directly in the middle of Old city.

My team and I do hope that you will return to us again in the near future and get the chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My sister and I stayed at the Kolonna in February. A great hotel in the centre of the Old Town. Our room was ready when we arrived early, and reception staff were excellent and very helpful during our stay. They all spoke excellent English. The room was large with twin beds as requested, 2 large windows at the front, well heated and all the fittings looked new and clean. The bathroom was clean and warm and well equipped.

Breakfast was the usual continental style with lots of hot and cold choices and lots of tea or coffee. All dishes were renewed regularly and the tables kept very clean.

Next door to the hotel is a lovely cafe, we had cake and hot mulled wine there, and across from the hotel was a cake shop to die for!!

We took two trips by train, one to Jurmula and one to Sigulda. The train fares were very, very cheap. Under £3 return for one trip of 1 hour 10 minutes. I can recommend both trips.

All in all, this was an excellent value for money hotel, and I would recommend it to friends and family.

I cannot find anything bad to say about the hotel or staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Anne H
Linda_Shtale, Manager at Rixwell Domus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Anne H.,

thank you very much for your feedback!

My team and I were pleased to offer early check in free of charge when you arrived to hotel. We know how important is every minute you spend on your vacation.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our central location as well as services provided during your stay in KOLONNA Hotel Riga. We are doing our best to ensure very comfortable and pleasant stay for our guests!

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback and recommending our hotel to other travellers!

Looking forward to welcome you in our hotel in the near future again!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Hotel Kolonna. The location of the hotel is perfect, right in the centre and on the same street as some great cafes. Location wise you could not get better.

The hotel staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast despite previous reviews was great. It has toast, cereal, meats, cheeses, sausages, scrambles, boiled eggs, sausages and the list could go on.

My only complaints were that the hairdryer was broken and that the tv reception was poor. However for the price of the hotel (we booked via Expedia) i don't think you could get better.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were a couple and me. So this hotel offered us the best choice: two rooms in one. It would be perfect for a family with two children, or two couples too, as I had a double room all for myself. The apartment door is only one, and the small private hall has three doors: one to the double room, another one to the twin room and the third one to the bathroom. We can leave boots and coats in the hall. There is no luxury, but it is comfortable enough. Clean, clear, spacious, with big windows and a good heater. We only missed the fridge.
The hotel is in the middle of the old town, next to cool restaurants and nice places to visit. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: The family room (double, twin, and a bathroom) is cheap and nice.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nizinha
Linda_Shtale, Manager at Rixwell Domus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Nizinha,

thank you very much for you feedback and nice photos you posted!

I am delighted to hear that you found our family room very comfortable. I totally agree with you that family rooms are very suitable not only for families with children, but for groups of friends as well. When staying in a family room you may enjoy two seperate bedrooms (each has its own door key), a small private hall and a bathroom.

Regarding to the frige, we offer it in Penthouses.

I am pleased to hear that you would stay with us again! Please contact us direct to make booking for your next stay by writing to reservationriga@kolonna.com!

Looking forward to welcome you in the very near future!