“A Little Out Of The Way, But Nice”
Review of PK Riga Hotel

PK Riga Hotel
Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Riga
Saint Louis, Missouri
“A Little Out Of The Way, But Nice”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The Domina Inn is located ouside of Riga's Old Town, but it's an easy walk through parks to get there. Close to the hotel is a small grocery store as well as great little restaurants. The hotel itself has a nice restaurant off the entrance to the hotel, this is where the breakfast buffet is served. Good selection of breakfast items are on the buffet. Some of the rooms in the hotel are hard to find at first as they are located between floors. But the rooms are modern and bathrooms clean. Free internet in the hotel lobby. The hotel staff was great, able to answer questions and give directions. Though there are No Smoking rooms, on one day my room smelled like someone had been smoking in it. The hotel said that it was the ventilation system. Overall, this was a nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank John C
Elīna G, Front Office Manager at PK Riga Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear John C,
First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion on Tripadvisior and giving the highest estimate for value, sleep quality, cleanliness and service provided during your stay.
It is really great to read that you find restaurant Da Antonio nice, choice of breakfast selection good, hotel rooms modern, bathrooms clean and staff great.
I am really happy that you enjoyed almost all aspects of your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcome you in our hotel during your next stay.
Elina Gulbe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed here with a group of friends on a 3-night "leaving do"! The rooms were a good sized with decent bathrooms and furniture. My room looked into a central courtyard overlooking other buildings; a bit dull in the middle of winter but I did not spend much time in the room so no big deal. The breakfast was a decent buffet with plenty of choices. The staff were friendly and the hotel bar was good. I would stay here again if returning to Riga.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Elīna G, Front Office Manager at PK Riga Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Travelpassion,
Thank you for your comment in Tripadvisor. All our guest comments are highly valuated. I am glad to read that you had good experiance in our hotel.
Thank you for giving highest estimate for service provided during your stay.
It is really great to read that you find our hotel rooms well sized, staff friendly, bar good and that you did like breakfast.
We are looking forward to host you in our hotel next time.
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed here for a short business trip and this hotel was exactly what I needed. It was well located, clean and had a good breakfast. I also like the small bar inside the hotel. I had zero problems and would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Elīna G, Front Office Manager at PK Riga Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Rather_Nomadic,
Thank you very much for your comment in Tripadvisor.
For us it is most important that our Guests stay satisfied with their stay. We are glad that Domina Inn Riga hotel was exactly what you needed during your business trip. It is really great to read that you find our hotel well located and clean and that you did like breakfast.
We are looking forward to host you in our hotel during your next visit.
london
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This hotel was in a nice location. Not far from the main city centre, though we took our coach from the hotel, just a little way and then had a walking tour on foot around the beautiful city of Riga.
The hotel seemed smallish. Our bedrooms were through a courtyard to what seemed like an annexe. I was with a coach party of people with Shearings doing a Baltic Cities tour. At our evening dinner i told the waiter i did not eat meat or fish. After a small wait, the chef produced a nice dish of spinach, tomatoes and fried potatoes for me, which was very nicely cooked. After our dinner, my friend and I wanted a drink, but there didn't seem to be a bar area in the hotel, so we sat in a very small part of the dining room which seemed to double as the bar area. However, we felt uncomfortable after a while as the staff were shifting tables and chairs around us, in order to prepare for the following day's breakfast.

My room was adequete but my shower was quite small, I had no shower cream provided but 2 shampoo sachets. Otherwise a nice hotel, with courteous and helpful staff, close enough to enjoy the city of Riga.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank daisy1812
, Front Office Manager at PK Riga Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear daisy1812,
First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion about Domina Inn Riga hotel and giving the highest mark for location of our hotel as it is really is easy reachable to all main landmarks of the city.
I am glad to read that you had a nicely cooked spinach, tomatoes and fried potatoes and that it was nicely cooked specially for you.
There is a bar area in our hotel as we do have a wine bar „De Vino” next to reception where guests can have a glass of good wine or prosecco.
I have passed your message to the Manager of restaurant that you felt uncomfortable when waiters started to prepare for the following day`s breakfast.
Im very glad to know that overall you were satisfied with your meal, with our courteous and helpful staff as well as location of hotel.
You are always very welcome back to beautiful city of Riga and I hope that during your next visit you will choose Domina Inn Riga hotel.
holland
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Perfest hotel, great service, excellent location ( around the corner of the Art Nouveau area!) Huge breakfast with loads of fish. Also fresh fruit!! they also have a good restaurant with pleasant staff. The staff in the reception speaks perfectly English and is very friendly. The only negative point of this hotel is the temperature. Although it was juni it was very cold in Riga. The general heating was turned of from the beginning of spring. It was rather rainy ouside and when we cam back in the hotel it was not comfortable to be in a cold room. During the night we asked for extra blankets. That was oke. there also was no extra heating in the bathroom. As we stayed 3 nights in this hotel this temperature thing was not convenient. For the rest was the hotel fine. It was safe clean and near the old town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Front Office Manager at PK Riga Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Spring-in,
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience at the Domina Inn Riga hotel with other travellers on Tripadvisor. It is really great to read that you find our hotel perfect, service great, location excellet and we are happy that you did like breakfast and restaurant Da Antonio.
Unfortunately during your stay in our hotel weather was colder than it usually is in June but please be informed that there is a possibility to switch on floor heating in bathroom as well as towel dryer.
We are really happy that you enjoyed almost all aspects of your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcome you in our hotel again in near future.

Kind regards,

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I booked a room via their website. Nobody warned me that it is not four star room - I will be generous to give it two stars. the hotel however had no problem to charge me for four stars. It was on the ground floor with a viwe on a wall. It had a Tv set and a hair-drier. if you want to have an electric kettle you have to pay extra 3 euro per day. The furniture was worn out and dirty. Nothing but cheap soap and a strange shampoo in the bath. It was terribly cold inside the bath and room. I couldn't switch the air-conditioning off. It looked completely different in the photos they provide in their website. Cannot recommend it to anyone. Keep away from this place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ravard_ravard
Elīna G, Front Office Manager at PK Riga Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Ravard_Ravard,
Thank you for your comment in Tripadvisor. All our guest comments are highly valuated. I am sorry for your bad experiance in our hotel.
Due to the fact that our hotel is situated in renovated architecture building, size of classic rooms (17 up to 24 m2) differs a bit.
Free tea and coffee making facilities are available free of charge in higher category rooms and are replenished on a daily basis.
Our staff would be very pleased to help you with switching on bathroom floor heating and towel dryer, as well as turning off air-conditioning. Because of Latvia's inconsistent weather conditions it is very hard to keep the right temperature in the rooms - for some guests it is too cold, while some other guests complain, that it it too hot.
During your next visit we would be glad to arrange better situated room, as well as we would be pleased to offer you free upgrade to higher category room, inclusive of living room area, free soft drinks and beer in the minibar, tea and coffee making facilities, bathrobes, slippers and extra amenities in the bathroom.
Tartu, Estonia
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I had to stay in Domina Inn for 3 nights. The first night they moved me to another hotel (the excuse was that the key card of my room did not work?!). The next noon I had to go back to Domina Inn, and had an unpleasant suprise that due to the renovation, I had to walk through (rainy and cold) inner yard to get from the reception to the actual hotel.

The worst experience was however the third night, since it was less than +10C outside and the hotel had no heating. When I called them around 1am and complained (it became really unbearably freezingly cold in the room, even with my jeans and 3 pairs of t-shirts on, while being below two duvets!), they sent somebody upstairs who switched on the bathroom floor heating and the towel dyer, explained that the whole city is without heating ("but I do not really think it's cold here!"), and left without offering any further assistance. When I finally was able to fall asleep, it wasn't any warmer, and I had a semiserious case of a cold.

The hotel offered no apologizes or any compensation.

Summary: avoid at any cost.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Helger L
Dear Crypticz,
Your feedback is importat in doing the necessary improvements in the future.
We are very sorry that we were not able to offer a stay for all nights in our Hotel, as we faced technical problems.
For us it is most important that our Guests stay satisfied with their stay. Therefore Your feedback is very important for us to improve our service.
We did have a renovation to make our bright, wide and comfortable gallery much more attractive. Unfortunately during your stay in our hotel weather was colder than it usually is in May.
As an apology we would be pleased to offer you a special offer for your next stay. Please do contact me directly to elina@dominahotels.lv, if you plan to visit our beatufil city.
We would be very glad to host you next time in our hotel.