Old City Boutique Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold citygreat locationsmall hotelopera houseno tea coffee making facilitiesbreakfast roomlovely hotelthe busfried eggsunderfloor heatingsingle roombars and restaurantssuperior roomquiet streetthe ground floorinternet connectionlong weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2010

A great location in the centre of the old town. Easy walking distance to all the sights. Stayed in a classic room which was quiet, clean and modern. Excellent buffet breakfast and staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zharne
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I have visited the Old City Boutique Hotel on 15th of September after a friend’s recommendation and stayed for 2 nights. I arrived at the hotel around 18:30 and the check in, was a nice surprise. The very polite young lady at the reception when saw my registration form told me that she used to work in a hotel close to my home town. We end up knowing same people. She gave me the key card after kindly explaining the hotel facilities and breakfast venue. She also offered assistance with my luggage. The lobby area is a combination of old brick walls and contemporary design. I liked it. The public areas were always clean and tidy. My room was located at the new block back of the main building. I took the elevator to the 4th floor where my room was. The first impression was that the room was much smaller than I expected. I had not very good view as my window was facing the small back yard, however the room was cozzy and I kind of liked it. The room didn’t remind me of a boutique hotel decoration but it had nice colours. There was a hidden TV in the cupboard with rather few channels and not very good reception. The central heating was on, and the room was warm. The bathroom was nice and clean. The breakfast buffet was more than satisfactory with good quality and variety. The second morning the restaurant was quite busy and there was a delay on the refilling of the buffet. However, the staff on the breakfast was very polite and attentive. When I asked the waitress for 2 fried eggs as there was none left at the buffet, she told me that will bring it on the table. And so it happened, the fried eggs arrived with a small delay at the table. The hotel location is the best in Riga. Close to the National Opera, Restaurants, Clubs, Parks and the Freedom Monument, it gives you plenty of choices and everything is walking distance. The staff of the hotel was always attentive and prompt to help. When I asked for a wine opener and two glasses to the room, those arrived quickly and with a smile. Also when I requested to check out at 13:00 the young man at the reception told me that there was no problem to do so. Overall, the hotel is nice and clean, the location is the best, the staff is very friendly and helpful. With such quality service and value for money, I would definitely visit again and recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank silko79
Reviewed September 19, 2010

I would definitely recommend this hotel. The location is great, just in the middle of the Old city, close to everything, with a big shopping mall and good supermarket just a stone's throw. The breakfast is opulent. Staff is very helpfull and hospitable with excellent English and Russian. The bar is nice though I didn't eat there, just had a drink.
There is wifi in rooms and public computer in case u need it. Rooms are very clean and nicely decorated. There are hairdryer and iron in the rooms. Its definitely value for money and undoubtedly I would chose this hotel for my next stay in Riga.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Arabella80
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We stayed in the old part (Viesturs), a couple of days before they would open the new part of the hotel. The location is just great - it is in a small, quiet alley, very central and close to the old city centre of Riga. The other nice parts of the city (the Jugendstil area, the shopping area etc) are also not far away, you can basically do everything by walk. We had a room on the ground floor, but didn't hear any noise from outside, nor from inside. The room itself was quite dark (dark colours and wood), but clean. Beds were completely fine as well. We were there during the winter, so we were really happy with the central heating in the room and bathroom. Breakfast was in a really charming small kitchen, the buffet was not that big, but you can order eggs, delicious pancakes and other dishes. I would go back again!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bes1
Reviewed August 23, 2010

The situation of this hotel is just perfect: it´s almost in the middle of Old Town, but as situated by a narrow street, it´s far away of all the noise and masses of tourists!

Old City Boutique Hotel is very clean, the room and the bed was very nice and the breakfast was very versatile. We asked them to give another mattress to the extra bed (our son is already 16 and the mattress of his bed was too thin) and just after three minutes there was a man from reception and a housekeeper with a bigger extra bed (with two mattresses)! Quite fast action, I say!

Just about 50 meters of the hotel there is a large shopping center (PS. husbands, take care, if your wife is with you: there is at least 20 shoe shops in there... ;) )

Because our flight left at 8 o´clock PM we asked, if it´s possible to have the room till 6 PM and it cost just 30 euros. Just great!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family