“Excellent fish, great service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner
Marion, Indiana
“Excellent fish, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have eaten here twice this week, having had the salmon and the dorado. I sat outside both times, and enjoyed watching the world go by while eating. The waitress spoke excellent English, and was attentive without being intrusive. I am a little finicky about my fish, but I had no grounds for any complaint, both meals being cooked to perfection without being at all overcooked. The spicing was minimal, so the fish had to be fresh. The entrees did not come out very quickly, but I doubt many people come here for a quick meal. It was worth lingering over. I had the Slavic appetizer with salmon, which probably will appeal to few Americans, and the salmon soup with the dorado, which was pretty tasteless. Still, the entrees made up for it; I have rarely had fish cooked any better.
If sitting outside, I strongly recommend avoiding the end with the public trash can if you are a non-smoker. The occasional waft of stale cigarettes was off putting. I seated myself, so I have only myself to blame for that.

• Visited August 2013