“Nice place. Good food, but not great. ”
Review of Valtera Restorans

Valtera Restorans
Ranked #23 of 1,053 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: Latvian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Valter`s Restaurant boasts a contemporary Latvian cuisine based only on Latvia's own seasonal products such as milk, vegetables, meat, fish, fruit and game coming from local farmers. The restaurant`s interior with Latvian landscapes recalls the simple but elegant country manor where every visitor can feel not as a customer but a long-awaited guest. The restaurant's concise menu is as changeable as nature itself. One of the founders of our Latvian kitchen - chef Valters Zirdzins creates new original recipes as soon as farmers offer new products and a new hunting and fishing season starts.
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Went there for dinner after reading good reviews. The staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Soup and salad was good, but a bit disappointed by main course. Vegetables etc was really good, but the beef was a bit tasteless and chewy, thus I'm not giving the highest rank. Too bad, I really liked it otherwise.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

The menu is very local, including some lovely local wines. Starters were filling and our two mains sounded really good. What stopped me giving a "5" was the fact that I was nearly finishing my Starter when I was told that the main course (what sounded like a realky nice Beef dish) was not available - very disappointing.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This lovely restaurant on a side-street of the Old town served wonderful lunch made of local seasonal ingredients but made in a modern style. Both the decor and the dishes are very simple but elegant with no extra frills and the service was very friendly. It's not the cheapest lunch in Riga but definetly well worth the money and it's by no means expensive either. I would love to go there for dinner too...

Reviewed October 8, 2013

An unassuming restaurant down a side street. Décor is plain, but the food is outstanding. Very simple dishes cooked to perfection. Don't expect a big menu with loads of choices, no extra side dishes here! But this is simple local high quality food that is delicious. My wife had rabbit which was superb, I had a pork dish, all with seasonal vegetables. Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We wandered the streets looking unsuccessfully for other restaurants we had read about and decided to try this one on a whim. When requested the waitress gladly suggested things to try from the menu. We were not disappointed. The creamy fish soup had a lovely mild smoky flavour and the fish of the day was beautifully cooked with lovely baked veges. I especially liked the baby beetroot. Overall it was a good value meal that surpassed our expectations. On returning to our hotel and looking it up on trip advisor I was not surprised by the good reviews.