“solid consistent coffee chain with good food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Double Coffee
Ranked #14 of 49 Coffee & Tea in Riga
Cuisines: European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: You can enjoy a cup of espresso or cappuccino in the Double Coffee(R) restaurant but you can also have a quick and delicious lunch, try pasta with good wine or simply treat yourself to a milkshake or a fruit cocktail. We have happy hour, soup of the day, all main dishes for one price etc. Come&join us!
Brisbane, Australia
“solid consistent coffee chain with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Come here for anything from cocktails, breakfast, pastries and decent coffee at any time of the day. Very good soup (though sadly the one I wanted wasn't available). I am assured by my partner that his pork dish was very tasty if a little dry (but undercooking pork can be a nightmare for the consumer).
Reasonable prices. Friendly staff.

• Visited June 2014

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Seattle, Washington
“Good place to spend a long evening in the city center for a cup of tea or coffee.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

I should note - this cafe is one of the best from coffee shops in Riga . Coffee, tea and pastries - all are very yummy ! Need particularly to say about delicious pastries - great taste and excellent design. Given the fact that we were in the cafe at the time, when in Riga was the coldest week , the atmosphere inside was warm and friendly. Especially we liked the attention from the waitresses. Girls told in detail about all kinds of pastries, which they sell. At the moment of communication, we spoke in three languages ​​- and on each of them girls talked very freely. Good place to spend a long evening in the city center for a cup of tea or coffee.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Riga, Latvia
“Double Coffe Raina corner Barona”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Well considering that I have been in the country for about 10 years
and live 150/200 meters from the place and been there several times for business meetings,
thought they closed the place several years ago and re-opened years later in the same spot,
I think that I can say that the coffee there taste like anywhere else in the country
the food you can find it also anywhere else
the only think you can say is that it is the baltic copy of Sturbucks
and has a more foreign look than average coffe place in the country
but than is also over priced, hmmmmmm

you are paying for the look and the sleeping waiters
not for what you get, thats for sure

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Australia
“Great coffee & great food...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

These cafes are all over Riga, even in the Old Town. They have a great selection of food and coffee. The food is really good and you receive good size portions too. Food is available at any time of day, and is quick to be served, and is very fresh.
Very tasty and a recommended spot if you are in need of a coffee to give you some stamina to keep doing the tourist thing!

Visited September 2013
Union City, California
“Simply the worst”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We wanted to get some coffee and something sweet on a pretty slow Friday night. We ordered the New York Cheesecake and as my friend and I tasted it at the same time, we realized it was sour. Upon trying to return it to the kitchen, we were informed that the cake was made this morning thus it had to be fresh. We assumed it must have had lemon in it even though the description didn't mention any. The waitress told us it was our problem and she couldn't do anything about it. We asked to speak to the manager who told us that the cake was delivered in the morning so it had to be fresh. Hmm, so it wasn't made that morning? Interesting. We asked her to check the ingredients 'cause there had to be a reason it was sour (if it hadn't gone bad) and among them she named parmesan cheese. Really? In a Classic NY Cheesecake?! We asked to speak to the chef. That one busted out the frozen box to show that the cake was delivered from.... Gasp! New York! So it wasn't made this morning? It wasn't delivered this morning? Ok, third story must be the charm. The chef yelled at us to google ingredients and then while we are at it we can google her boss's contact info. She was definitely taking the while thing personally, but she didn't even make the cake, her sole job was to put the pre-cut one on the plate!

It escalated to an entire scene with people turning around and looking at us. I asked her if the 3 Lats were worth it but I forgot where I was, "customer service" is a loose term. Her quote: "hope you don't come here ever again, less problems for us."

I generally don't believe a customer is always right but the whole thing was quite unbelievable. I live in the US where while the customer may not always be liked but we are always respected. In the end, we were sad for all three ladies we dealt with. They had an opportunity to do some service recovery but unfortunately couldn't see how taking 3 Lats off the bill would give them a faithful customer instead of providing me with an experience I'll never forget.

Stay away from this place, that is unless you like your cake to travel on a transatlantic flight just to be unfrozen and go bad. And yes, I hope you like being yelled at too.

• Visited July 2013