“Very good beer sortiment - some rare brands - but don't take ceasar salad:-)”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Brevings

Brevings
Ranked #79 of 942 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: Bar, European, Pub, Eastern European
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Lahti, Finland
“Very good beer sortiment - some rare brands - but don't take ceasar salad:-)”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I found the excellent tasting Brengulu alus = beer here, NICE. It's worth of trying, both dark one and light one. Didn' want to eat heavily - ordered caesar salad with grilled chicken - got some kind of salad with bacon. Where was the parmesan and romaine salad? This is maybe a very good place to taste beers but I will not eat here next time. Wrong dish was failure of young waitress who actually did ask me twice if I ordered caesar salad with chicken:-)

• Visited August 2013

• Finnish first
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Upon the completion of an Old Town Walking Tour our guide finished by bringing us to this restaurant for a shot of Riga Balsams. My family and I (10 in total) decided to stay for a meal on our guides recommendation and every one of us loved the experience. The staff were extremely friendly, the service was impeccable, the beer was cold and the food was delicious (and plentiful). We enjoyed it so much that we returned to this restaurant for another 6 meals during our 8 day stay in Riga and each experience was just as good as the last. Guaranteed, the ranking of Brevings will rise very quickly!

• Visited July 2013
Lakewood, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stop here if you like scotch or beer”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stopped in for a beer while my dad had a Talisker. Prices were reasonable for the scotch. The spicy wings were really good. Not sure if it was just that our waiter didn't speak much English or that we were American, but he was pretty short with us. I ordered a local beer and he shook his head and told me "No. This beer." pointing out another one on their fairly long list of local beer. I wasn't sure if me meant that the one I ordered was out and so I should try this one, or that the one I wanted was crap so let me order you one since you obviously know nothing about Latvian beer.

I'll definitely try and make it back here before I leave just to try some of their other menu items, which looked pretty tasty.

Their list of single malts was quite impressive. I don't know that I've even seen a bar in the states that has as many different bottles available.

• Visited June 2013
Columbia, South Carolina
“Personalized Service”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We went here based on the recommendation of our tour guide when we asked about local cuisine, and weren't disappointed. I say personalized service because we were the only patrons they had all evening (it was a Monday), but our waitress still treated us like gold. The portions were large and came with side dishes, unlike other restaurants we'd been to. I had the ribs, and my wife had salmon, both were excellent. And if you're a beer connoisseur you'll be in heaven, they have a huge selection!

Visited November 2012