“Great food, confused waiters.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spicy Affair - CLOSED

Spicy Affair
Cuisines: Thai, Indian, European, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Description: Spicy affair is a blend of three exotic culinary cultures, where we take you on a journey through India, Thailand, and China. Our oriental chefs will seduce you with original aromas and spice blends that can only be found in the colorful and authentic cuisine of these origins. The atmosphere in Spicy Affair is adventurous but at the same time down to earth and relaxing, and will have you experience a positive long lasting impression that will leave you with the desire to come back again for an exotic feast and burst of flavor.
Bergen, Norway
“Great food, confused waiters.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was actually pretty impressed by the food. Pretty pricey for Riga, but not to bad. We had a few Indian staples like Dahl and Tikka Masala, and then some duck. The food was very good, and in abundance (as is often the case in Riga). The waiters were very friendly and helpful, but they did not seem to be in contol. But it did not have a negative effect on our total experience. Interiors nice and stylish. Recommended.

• Visited April 2013

Riga, Latvia
“authentic food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

You can try food from India and Asia. Feels wrong to put all asian countries in one title without mentioning where it is from. A bit pricy, but quality is there. Try different dishes fdom different parts of tge world. Decorations make you think that you are away from Riga, but ingredients from dish unfortuntaly show you that all those fancy dishes are made from local ingredients, what makes taste different from original recipe.

Rhodes Town, Greece
“One of my favorites!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is a good place if you enjoy asian, indian or thai food. My usual choice- Hot&Sour soup, garlic naan with curry sauce and mango lassi! Also the business lunch is decent ( served from 11 till 15 on workdays)! The only problem is the music which can sometimes be annoying!

• Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NOT spicy...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

The interiors were nice and stylish, but the thai food we had with my husband was definitely NOT a spicy affair!! We had a tom kha soup (this was delicious!) and fried mushrooms with chilli and garlic for starters and the mushrooms were marked with 2 chillies (range from 0 to 3 chillies). I could hardly taste any chilli in them... And the same with our main courses: I had some tiger prawn dish that was marked with 2 chillies and my husband had thai curry with chicken, also marked with 2 chillies. The same disappointment with both main courses: hardly any chilli in them... And the prices were quite high for Riga standards as well. Won't be going back.

1 Thank Oippa
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Very good East Asian cuisine (including Thai, Malaysian noodles) in Riga”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was traveling in Europe for over 2.5 weeks, and I really wanted to have Indian food once during my long trip. I read about Spicy Affair in the inflight magazine, and saw that it was within walking distance of my hotel. In fact, it's in the Art Nouveau District of Riga, which is a nice area to explore by itself. I went to Spicy Affair for lunch, and was able to get a table easily. The service was a bit slow, but I found that to be the case in pretty much every restaurant I went to in Europe! It helps to give yourself an extra 30 to 45 minutes for lunch or dinner.

The food was really good. I had the spring rolls, which were crispy and piping hot, followed by Mattar Paneer (Peas and cheese) with Naan. The Naan was perfect, not too soft and not too hard. The Mattar Paneer was also good, and they were generous with the cheese. I also ordered a Masala Tea, which was very authentic to how it's made in India and perfect for the rainy day outside.

I really enjoyed my visit to Spicy Affair, and would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to experience good Indian, Thai, and Malaysian food. I didn't get to go back to try the Asian Noodle or soup dishes, though I saw other customers enjoying them. They also have lunch specials that feature a 2 or 3 course meal, which seemed like a great value. In short, I left Spicy Affair feeling very satisfied and would come again when I next find myself in Riga!

• Visited October 2012