“We were cheated”

Alberta 13
Ranked #121 of 1,043 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: European, Fusion, Latvian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is in the heart of the Art Nouveau district and the interior is very much in this style.
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Worst meal in thirty years of traveling, from Moldova to Albania to Serbia. Neither the chef nor the sous-chef could ever have tasted the mutton masquerading as lamb grilled/fried/charred beyond recognition served on a chilled plate with frigid and tasteless mashed something. Or the oversized over-breaded dry and tasteless Wiener schnitzel. Hungry so we started to eat instead of sending it back and leaving. Dinner of the absurd and unforgettable. No wonder we were the only customers. Stomach ache at 4am to remember them by.

2  Thank Inge S

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Me and my husband went here in June 2013 and we really enjoyed our visit. We both had a three course meal, and each course was exquisite! I especially liked their layered appetiser with shrimps and hot chocolate pudding. Their wine menu is great and low priced compared to similar restaurants in Riga -- our Chablis was perfect with the salmon fillet that we both had. We also enjoyed the peculiar atmosphere the restaurant has, the interior is very detailed and well thought-through, that creates an ambient aura with a touch of historic. The service was just as me and my husband like it -- professional, attentive, but not too forced. Definitely will come back again!

1  Thank soartistic
Reviewed July 22, 2013

It was nice to have a walk around Art Nouveau district in Riga and visit this wonderful restaurant. Atmosphere of this place was a nice supplement to our Jugendstil trip. Friendly service allowed us to feel comfortable and relax. We had a delicious dinner and were absolutely satisfied. I recommend to visit this place at least once to have this excellent experience.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The porcini mushrooms soup with white mushrooms was delicious as well as wiener schnitzel. My daughter had duck foie gras which was very delicate and tasteful. For desert we enjoyed the dried plums stuffed with walnuts and with whipped cream! Highly recommend! We loved the Jugend style interior design which we thought was done with exquisite taste and enjoyed listening to the waltzes of different composers!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I loved sitting outside looking up at the beautiful Art Nouveau buildings around us. It was a beautiful day and I was with my husband, and his sister, brother and cousin. Our trip to Riga had been perfect and we were leaving the next morning.
Our waitress was friendly and helpful and very efficient. the drinks and food were delicious. I ordered a chess platter that was served with a lingonberry sauce to dip the cheese in, yum.
We had dropped in there the day before just for a drink and it had been raining so we had gone inside. The inside was clean, with wonderful colors and totally renovated.