Apparently this is a family owned business, and it shows in the care and efficiency with which the hotel is run.
Things I liked.
1) Computer terminal for internet access in the bar (for those of us, who prefer not to carry around tablets etc.).
2) BBC news channel on room and public area televisions.
3) Gratuitous afternoon tea, with cake at 3 pm.....how lovely !
Things I didn't like:
1) Self-service coffee area had every flavour of tea available, except er....tea. ie black tea as drunk in the UK. We don't go in for this 'peppermint', 'camomile' and 'rosehip' nonsense, we just like er....tea, please !
2) Why does the hotel feel it necessary to subject its diners and (in the bar) drinkers to incessantly load music ? (Actually I noticed this seemed to be a feature of life in Riga in general).
I quite liked the choice of music, but turn it down please.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Hotel Valdemar you live in comfort and style in the heart of Riga's history and culture. The over 100 year old house is an example of Riga's unique Art Nouveau architecture and total renovated in 2006.Hotel Valdemar is located in central Riga, only a few minutes walk from Old Town. On the tranquil courtyard, you can during the summer months enjoy a cup of coffee in the sun, while the one million city of Riga pulsates just outside.We want to take good care of our guest we therfore offer all our guest complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea and evening meal between 18:00 and 21:00. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Nordic Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Clarion Collection Hotel Valdemars reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Collection Riga
- Clarion Collection Valdemars