Long story short: if you expect from a hotel that you can sleep there then do not book a room in Radi un Draugi. It is surrounded by bars that are stay open until 6am and even though the hotel has new windows it is just too loud to sleep, even if windows are closed.
Aside of that, the hotel is majorly overpriced for what you get:
- people behind the reception were not friendly, motivated, caring or helpful in any way: we were not told that we need breakfast vouchers for breakfast when checking in, no one even tried to help us with the bags when we wanted to put them into the storage room and when I finally asked to call a cab for which we had a voucher, it also didn't work out the way I thought it would: Because it took much longer than the "5 minutes" we were told I called at the cab company and they said they had no booking so they sent another cab. In the meantime a cab of that company arrived and the cab-driver gave some money to the guy at the reception, which I found strange. When we were in the cab I got a call from the cab company saying that the cab was now at the hotel - my assumption: the guy at the reception called the driver privately to get a commission.
- the breakfast was poor in choice and partly quality, unfriendly staff and they were frying ham in the breakfast room - so if sitting there for too long all clothes soaked up that smell.
- interior design of the rooms was ok, but a lot of details lacking. For example: we only had a bathtub with a shower that you had to hold to rinse. Only problem was that it was almost impossible to do that without making the whole bathroom swim because there was nothing on the floor so that the water could run off.
Overall: not worth the money even if you could sleep an night - which you cannot - so no reason to book this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The four-star hotel in Riga „Radi un draugi” ("Family and friends") is situated in the heart of Riga – the Old Town - and close to many historic buildings, offering: - 72 well-appointed bedrooms, all of which are equipped with everything necessary to ensure your comfort and well-being; - 2 modern and fully equipped conference rooms, which can be used for a variety of events, including seminars, conferences and private parties; - the restaurant „Niklavs”,which is popular with Riga’s visitors as well as with those residents, who enjoy a good meal out. Your friendly hotel in Riga "Radi un draugi"! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Radi un Draugi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radi Un Draugi Riga
- Radi Un Draugi Hotel Riga