City Hotel Teater
Old City Boutique Hotel(Riga)(Great Value!)
$108
$76
$129
$129
  • Breakfast included
Europa Royale Riga(Riga)(Great Value!)
$56
$181
$170
Travelocity
$161
$85
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Rixwell Old Riga Palace Hotel(Riga)(Great Value!)
$55
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshop on hop off bus stopnice hotelold townglass roofthin wallsminutes walkingroom was spaciousvery nice stayrooms are bigunderfloor heatingstaff was very friendly and helpfulby footquiet areavisit rigamini bartwin bedsfresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 10, 2008

Traveling the world with this Show we get our fair share of hotels.
And believe me for a 3 star hotel, this one scores pretty high in our long list of hotels. We read in a review that the staff was unpleasand. No way!! The thing is the language distance. If you talk slow-english they wil "defrost" after a few minutes. And tell you everything you need to know.We stayed there with 20 crewmembers and we all had a very fun/good time.All the staffmemebers are very nice to talk to ,and made shure we got a plaesand stay.

We even got a few staff members to come to the show(wich normaly never happens).

The oldtown is a 10 min. walk and, as we found out,the hotel is simple to find when very drunk haha

Also a very nice feature is the terrace on the roof complete with bbq and a 12 persons table and a view overlooking Riga.

Again this is veryvery good normal hotel. The show for next year is already booked. And we are looking forward to staying in the City Hotel again.

regards Sensation White Crew

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank SensationCrew
Reviewed April 25, 2007

Just got back from a stag do with Chillisauce. We had a really good guide a young lady called Lana who looked like Kim Wilde. The Hotel was really nice. Try to get a twin room rather than a double they are miles bigger same price and both have single beds. My room was really good but had no english channels. Some do though so check with reception and they should be able to help re tune for you. Dont book taxi with reception they have to use Elite cars which charge 10 -15 lats to Old Town. Ring for a red cab +3718001313 from an english mobile it will cost less than 3 lats to the old town.The bathroom has a fantastic heated floor which is just as well as it was freezing last week. If its cold wear a coat you wont be stuck with it everywhere has a cloakroom or hangers. The breakfast is a bit basic bus the staff make up for it as they look like cat walk models.Its a ten minute walk to the centre if you fancy it. I felt safe as everywhere seems to be CCTVd.

• Stayed: April 2007
2  Thank sensible16
Reviewed February 5, 2007

Booked through Chillisauce.co.uk
Nice and tidy hotel, was worried about it when it was booked for me, as all the reports on this website kind of slate it, but was pleasantly suprised.
Myself and six friends stayed there for two nights, staff were ok.
Breakfast was average and at 10am they clear everything away even if you haven't finished.
Rooms were clean with nice hot showers.
Generally nice i've stayed in alot worse for a lot more money.

Overall good.

Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank baldmyope
Reviewed January 18, 2007

I've just returned from City Hotel Bruninieks. A little outside Old Riga the hotel is a 15minute walk (or 6-9Lat Taxi journey) away from the heart of the City. It's an easy walk. The room was clean, tidy but modestly/basically furnished. The third bed in our triple was a pull out sofa bed. (Luckily our third person didn't show up). The bathroom was large with a good hot, powerful shower. Great for waking you up! The minibar was well stocked and replenished each day. Prices were reasonable, more expensive than local shops but not prohibitively expensive. Breakfast was very disappointing - a very limited continental buffet. Maybe it was limited because it was a quiet time of year (January). Don't expect to leave the breakfast table full up! Likewise I didn't SEE an option for an evening meal, but that's not to say there wasn't a menu. Reception staff ALL spoke good English. Communication was no problem. Friendliness varied depending on who was on duty. A real benefit was a "left luggage" room to store the bags in after checking out, before leaving for the airport. There is a sauna, but it was closed while I was there. To summarise - a modern, clean, basic (3*) hotel which offers few frills. It gives you everything you want for a good and affordable nights sleep - but little else. I would return if I visit Riga again.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank Andrew1605
Reviewed August 13, 2006

I booked four nights in a double room at this hotel five months in advance. The cost was paid in full so I was not anticipating a problem when I arrived last Wednesday and presented my voucher to the reception staff. They spoke a little amongst themselves before telling me that there was a "technical problem" with our room and they had booked us into another 3 star hotel five minutes away. On arrival at the alternative hotel I found that Bruninieks had booked us in for 3 instead of the 4 nights I had paid for and that they hadn't even arranged a double room! The girl at the new hotel was very helpful but unfortunately they had no double rooms available. I was by this stage pretty annoyed by the way we had been treated by Bruninieks and returned to complain but was given no satisfaction. This hotel is best avoided!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple