“Lovely and well-managed boutique hotel not far from the center of Riga.”
Review of Hotel Bergs

Hotel Bergs
Ranked #1 of 109 Hotels in Riga
Washington, DC
“Lovely and well-managed boutique hotel not far from the center of Riga.”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My wife and I spent two nights at Hotel Bergs and it was a delight. The location, off the street in a lovely courtyard, could not be nicer. The welcome is warm and sincere. The rooms are large and well-designed. Nice restaurant and bar and staff members who are always willing to help. The restaurant is first-rate and, within 30 meters, there are two other very good places to have lunch, a drink or dinner. Bergs is a bit expensive but worth it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Greek first
Bowral
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Very comfortable stay for a family of 6, child friendly. Outstanding restaurant - breakfast is very good however the dinner menu is simply outstanding. Treat yourself to a night's dinner at Bergs and you won't be disappointed. We found location to be good. Tram stops, old city of Riga, opera and parks all very accessible. Service is on the improve in Latvia all the time, and Hotel Bergs would be at the forefront of good service we have experienced in Latvia. We agree that bedding room space, kitchen and furnishings are all very tasteful and comfortable. If we have the chance we would stay at this hotel again without question.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Moscow
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Decent sized rooms, great location, if a bit soul-less. The only let-down was the service... refused to upgrade even though the hotel was nearly empty while we were there, plus charged for breakfast even though it should have been complimentary. The service at breakfast was also rather slow; food mixed-up and orders forgotten on 2 out of 3 mornings. Apart from those mishaps nothing to complain about!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in Riga for 2 nights, which was long enough, and the Berg Hotel was the highlight. To be fair the weather was terrible, very wet and cold. The hotel is great! The biggest hotel room you could imagine with a lounge, dining table and chairs and a kitchenette, a really beautiful and well planned room. We found the staff to be exceptionally helpful, organising us a taxi and making sure we didn't get ripped off by the notorious cab drivers.

The restaurant is terrific, we had a fantastic meal with the staff and chef going out of their way to accommodate my dietary restrictions. Garage rest. is also a fun place in the hotel.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2012

It really irks me to write the title of this review, it really does.
A wonderful hotel, greeted like royalty on arrival, luggage carried as we were shown to our suite and made to feel very special.
Explored our suite, wowwed and grinned at each other several times and more than once said how lucky we were to stay at such a wonderful boutique hotel in a beautiful city.
Couldn't work out how the lights worked, a quick call to reception solved that mystery and all was perfect.
Just perfect.
Nothing else to say.
UNTIL CHECK OUT.
I'd booked my break through Expedia and paid in full a full 6 months ago.
Imagine my horror when at reception I was told I had a sizeable bill to pay. There was some anxious moments before an eagle eyed reception assistant noticed that I had prepaid for my suite. Explanation from Miss You Owe Us So Much.........Oh, an administration error, but you owe us for the milk you requested throughout your stay.
It wasn't a fortune, but boy did it rile me.
And I can't get past that.
One of the top 10 boutique hotels in the world and you charge me for milk to add to my complimentary tea and coffee!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Covcity4ever
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I absolutely loved this hotel. From the beautiful, historic facade to the modern interior, this is a hotel as it should be. My gorgeous, spacious room, with a small balcony, overlooked the Bergs plaza below, which was lively and humming, but never too loud. The bed was comfortable, bathroom large (and well-lit), and the whole layout made it a convenient homebase to explore this fabulous city. My first night they recommended Restaurant Vincents, down the street, for dinner - and I had one of the best meals of my life.

I have 4 favorite hotels in the world - and I just added a 5th! My first time in Riga, and I loved it, but I'd be tempted to come back just to stay here again.

Tip: Grab a late-night dinner at Garage, downstairs - a gorgeous and insanely affordable winebar with fantastic small plates.

Extra tip: Books through hotels.com - i saved close to 40% going through them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor overlooking the Bergs Plaza - buzzing, but not too loud.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rebeccayael
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Super modern and quite exclusive design on the place. In fact too modern to fit my my taste, because design often overtakes comfort. I stayed in a suite, meaning the room was spacy enough and situated on top flor with own balcony.
Pricing of course according to design and style = pretty expensive. What gave me the total value for money was the extremely comfortable bed. I never slept better in a hotel!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business