“Relax!”

St. Peter's Boutique Hotel
Ranked #27 of 111 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I spent weekend in Riga in this hotel and had a really nice days! Quiet and cozy hotel, good located, comfortable room, tasty breakfast, helpful personnel. Everything was very good!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed June 29, 2010

Stayed three nights in a very nice suite on the top floor. Originally had booked a standard room on expedia but upon arrival we asked to see what else they had. No problem, we were shown several rooms and asked to upgrade. We felt we were charged a very reasonable price for it. The staff was very attentive and immediately responded to all requests. Ice, extra towel, early cup of coffee were not a problem. Breakfast in restaurant was more than adequate and quite good. Small bar in off the lobby for a quick drink or cup of coffee at odd hours. Short walk to old town. Nice stay!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2010

The service was good and staff helpful. The room was nice, it could have been a spare room at a friend's or relatives house. It was a little bit on the plain side, could have been made to feel warmer with an addition of a rug or some extra cushions on the bed. However the room was clean and the bed comfortable. The breakfast was ok. I do get dissappointed when instead of fresh orange juice or even concentrated orange juice, you get given sickly sweet diluted orange juice for breakfast....that is not very boutiqe at all. Overall, would recommend the hotel as it's reasonably priced with pleasant staff and on the edge of old town (far enough from all the hussle and bustle, but close enough....5 mins walk to the Old Town).

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2009

When we arrived in Riga, we didn't know what to expect as it the trip from the airport was a bit of an eye-opener but WOW!!! We LOVED it!!! The hotel was really comfortable with each room done an individual basis and I have never had such a comfortable night sleep, ever!! The duvets were filled with soft down, a coir mattress and the softest cotton that my face had ever felt. The location is brilliant, the Old Town being much nicer in my opinion than the New Town and the staff friendly even down to the lady who brings you your breakfast eggs! Breakfast isn't your traditional buffet breakfast but the choice is varied so if you can't find something that you like with what is on offer, then I suggest you stay at home as part of the fun of going away is finding out what's on offer and the way they try to adapt what they have to our western tastes. I can see that there might be an issue on hot nights with the noise from the bars but we didn't really experience this and slept like hibernating bears!!! We are definitely going back.....soon!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Was about going to visit my town after years living abroad so decided to stay in a hotel with my partner instead of "abusing" the relatives and family. As I have been quite a few times in boutique hotels before, the relatively cheap price for stay in Ainavas draw attention and we booked it.
I guess the owners have decided to call themselves boutique as it sounds posh not because they have any merits for that. The room itself was spacious and the bed was huge and comfy, but there were no features to be called boutique.
The quality and the range of toiletries was neither "the boutique" and as some reviewers earlier have noted we also had a noisy fridge in the corner, had to wake up in the night to disconnect it. I rated the cleanness as average as between the bed sheets there were some brown bits reminding mice poo. I hope it was not what we thought...
The stay in Ainavas reminded the words of Rolls Royce owner that the poor quality would be remembered long after the cheap prices would be gone.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mazadace
Reviewed April 14, 2009

I booked a room in this boutique hotel hoping to find a charmant and silent location where to spent 4 nights. The hotel is quite charmant as I expected, I mean the reception is very elegant and sophisticated, but the room was quite trivial and poor. The very bad surprise arrived at midnight when from the internal patio a high volume music came to our room. I booked an internal room, since I read that the street of the hotel is quite noising in the night. Never less it was not possible to sleep till 4AM! Unfortunately the man at the reception could not do anything, since the music came from a close pub. The following morning we left the hotel and found another one in Riga.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank 11Molly
Reviewed February 14, 2009

Had a very high expectations of a hotel, since been visiting it lobby and restaurant previous year - loved the atmosphere. Had to stay in Riga overnight and grabbed the opportunity to stay at Ainavas, since they had special deal for stays in February.

However, the actual stay turned out not as luxuary and boutiqe as the hotel promises their guests- doors and corridors were narrow, even with not much luggage had difficulties to navigate through. Room was large and clean and nice, however, expected more design features in it. Was nice, clean but nothing more, did not have that extra feature to call itself boutiqe. Next thing that i noticed - wi-fi internet somehow worked very slowly in my room, which was a pity, since i wanted to use time and send some emails...

however, the most horrible thing was fridge/minibar - it was switching on every 20 minutes and doing it quite load. took me few hours to actually fall asleep even though it is never problem for me.

would recommend the hotel for a drink in a lobby or garden, but not for the overnight stay.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank vaneiks