“a must see place!”

Private Tour of Riga Motor Museum and Latvian Open-Air Museum
Ranked #4 of 300 things to do in Riga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The renovated Riga Motor Museum opened its doors to visitors on the 2nd of July, 2016. At the Museum you can view the largest and most diverse vintage motor vehicle collection in the Baltics, exhibiting more than a 100 unique automobiles and motorcycles. Our exposition is a thrilling and interactive tale of unique cars, notable people and historic events. The authentic motor vehicles are complimented by touchscreen monitors, operable models, videos, interactive exhibits, virtual reality and other information provided by modern technology; making the museum visit into an exciting and insightful adventure. For Riga Motor Museum visitors to feel comfortable, and to have a valuable and productive visit even on an entire day’s visit, we offer a range of additional services - interactive activities in the children's play area, exploratory guided tours, a museum cafe, gift shop and free parking.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Excellent collection of antique and historical cars, a lot of american and soviet cars from the middle of 20th century

1  Thank ndkA L
"car enthusiast"
"love cars"
"greatest museum"
in 2 reviews
"lots of interactive stuff"
"bullet proof"
"soviet times"
in 7 reviews
"fantastic collection"
"all ages"

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The museum is really good. It's difficult to find but after that you excuse everything. The old cars from soviet times, the cars of the leaders of USSR and so on. Price is democratic - 1ls for students

1  Thank Arancione-umore
Reviewed December 9, 2012

When I planned my visit to Riga's Motor Museum, I knew just a few things - it's the coolest collection of Soviet government's cars and there are some unique cars in museum.
And yes! It was all true and much more!
Me and my wife, and I should say she is not a person who can watch cars for hours, spent there almost 4 hours!
The museum has really good collection of cars of so-called pre-war era. You won't see there modern cars, but some exclusive models from Soviet car family, big variety of motorbikes, and cars produced in Latvia.
And of course there is a line of exclusive Soviet government's - "Kremlin's" cars including Stalin's and Hrushev's limousines.
And for the end, there is one really unique car - mountain climbing racing car Auto Union V -16 typ C/D.
Outstanding museum!
Next time I'll be in Riga, I hope to visit it again.

2  Thank Andrey_A187
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Some Latvian vechicles, very rare Audi cars, Brezhniev's crashed RollsRoyce and much, much more - as classic cars lover I liked it very much. Automotive history is not only about muscle cars and old Mercs - go to Riga Motormuseum and discover.

2  Thank Slaw1
See more reviews
Reviewed November 23, 2012

As my title suggests this was my second visit to this museum. I first visited it about 4 years ago. On this occasion I went with my wife, daughter and her boyfriend. The museum was set up by a group of enthusiasts during the soviet era and has grown since. As a fan of Soviet and Eastern European vehicles I am like a kid in a sweet shop. Since my last visit the collection has grown and now includes examples of RAF minibuses which were made in Latvia during the Soviet era. The museum is on bus routes 5 and 15 from the city centre. We like to use public transport when we travel and with the etalons card (used like London's Oyster card) it is very easy to get around.

1  Thank Mark B