$191
$82
$77
$128
  • Breakfast included
Rixwell Hotel Konventa Seta(Riga)(Great Value!)
$59
Hotels.com
$98
$75
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $105/night.

Hotel Gutenbergs(Riga)(Great Value!)
$108
$105
Hotels.com
$161
$134
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsglass pyramidold townbusiness hotelnice hotelroom servicelovely parkwithin walking distanceroom was spaciousminute walkbreakfast buffetexcellent locationnice stayconvenient locationnice breakfastart nouveauhotel is situatedvisit riga
Reviewed May 21, 2009

Have stayed in other Reval chain hotels before and this was definitely the best. Room is lovely and clean, breakfast very good and location also excellent. We also had a minor accident at the hotel, which was dealt with quickly and professionally, so very happy with the service as well.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank inga07
Reviewed April 13, 2009

I have stayed here three times now in past two months. Location wise, its perfect. Next door to the old town, but not in it (so you can get some sleep), and allows you to explore the "new" city which has a lot to offer and great places to eat. The car park is free, but not much room to maneuver. They often reserve most of the spots at random - don't understand that! Free wireless that is pretty fast and great free breakfast are all good pluses for business. The rooms are standard euro sizing. Nothing great. Heated floors in bath are plus. The service is good, both in restaurant and desk. I wouldn't say its five stars, but very good location puts it at the top.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2008

I had been staying in Riga before, and had high expectations because my last hotel was amazing.
Well this one was not.

The first thing I really disliked was their registration procedure. They insisted that I fill in: Name, address, passport number, date of birth! and a few other details. I argued, and they told me a silly story about one "Mohammed" that didn't fill in the registry card and next day the police stormed the hotel? Sorry but I don't like that much of my personal data to be readily available for a possible ID misuse, especially since they also have my credit card details.

The room price was really expensive, but all I got was a 2nd floor room overlooking the reception on one side and the street on the other. I guess asking for a "really quiet room" is no use there.

The room decoration was at best average. The bathroom looked ok (no seperate shower) and had floor heating, which means it was permanently overheated. The bed was squeaking!

I returned to the room in the evening and my door had been left open by the cleaning staff. Imagine your hotel door is left open all day? Nice. Anyone who would have noticed could have just walked in. I told the front desk about it, suggesting there might be a problem with the door, but they just told me to make sure it was closed.

Breakfast is quite good, but service is bad. I asked for a cappuccino twice, each time the answer was "you have to pay". Which is ok, but can be put nicely.
Over 20 minutes for a cup of green tea is also not great service.

Checkout took 20 minutes because they were inefficient.

I'd never stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2008

We were seven guys from Norway on holiday staying at this hotel for three nights during our first visit to Riga. The hotel is really nice and clean. The check-in/check-out was fast and the staff is excellent when it comes to service. During our stay we experienced a lot of pissed waitresses and storekeepers, but at this hotel everyone smiled and treated you with respect.

Its location is perfect, in a very nice area near the US embassy. 5 minutes walk and your in the Old Town.

The breakfast was pretty good with an above avarage choice of options. The dining hall is very nice and if its good weather you can enjoy your food outside in the garden.

The rooms differed. Me and my friend got the smallest room (406), but the bathroom was pretty large and it was spotless. One of my friends got a small suite (326) and was of course very satisfied with that. All in all it didnt matter to much since we were out all the time.

The free Internet in the hotel and the PC in the lobby is a nice thouch and good service. On the downside was the gym. Its OK i guess, but if your standard towards training is high as mine is you would not be satisfied. No treadmill, bench press or olympic bar. Only dumbells up to 24kgs and only one bench. The sauna though is real nice with a view over Prague.

All in all I would recommend this hotel. Its small, but very good quality. If you want more extras I think the Reval Hotel Latvija is a better choice, though you have to go a little bit more to get into the old town. If you like hotels thats smaller with more personality I think this is one of the bests in Riga.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2008

This was our first trip to the Baltics. With intrepidation we travelled. The airport is only 20km from the city. This hotel was a 10min walk straight from the bus/train station. This was a pleasant walk through the various city parks. The hotel is located right next to the USA embassy. The hotel is of a modern design, but once you experience the vast range of architectural styles in this city it becomes less of an eyesore and more of a statement of change. The staff in the hotel were very pleasant and helpful. The rooms were clean nicely furnished and very quiet. the bathrooms had a shower and seperate bath. We can safely say that the bed was one of the most comfortable we have slept in!! The breakfast was a buffet with everything from fruits, cereals to bacon and eggs. the coffee was lovely and free flowing.
one of the jewels of this hotel is the sauna. This is located on the top floor and has windows along one side that allow you to sit and look out at the beautiful city park, Esplande. This was most wonderful when we were there as it was snowing outside while we were sitting in 80 degrees celcius!!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple