Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel
$120
$77
Trip.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $89/night.

$85
$166
$129
$390
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsglass pyramidold townnice hotellovely parkshort walkfreedom monumentcomfortable roomswithin walking distancebreakfast buffetrestaurants and barsexcellent locationvisit riganice stayconvenient locationhotel is situatedmini barsauna
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Localisation of Hotel is good, maybe bit noisy as one of busy Riga's street goes beside.
Nice place as two parks are very close.
Unfortunately staff could be helpfulless if you would look not enough "appropriate".

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Had a business meeting in the hotel for the 2 days and spend night at the hotel. Rooms are very clean and cozy. Beds are soft enough and comfortable with wide selection of pillows. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Hotel is very close to the old town.
Confernece service was organaized smoothly and all run without single problems.
As the check-out is at noon, I went few minutes before that to my room to take the things and to do check out, but key-card was already disabled. Room was on the 5th floor, so I had to go to reception on the 1st floor to activate the key. I couldn´t understand what was the point to disable the keys before the check out time.
We also had lunch and dinner in the hotel resturant "Piramida", and unfortunately food there was a pretty big disaster. Business lunch menu is the same for the all week with very limited items. Although the food looks great at plate, it tastes awful. The duck was tough as a shoe sole, the pannacotta was just an ice-cream, salmon tartrar looked and tastes on both days complitely different, the halibut tasted like cod (i think it actually was a cod and not halibut). In 5 star hotel such a restaurant experience was pretty big dissapointment and for sure will not have any business events in that hotel in the future if the they cant improve the quality of the kitchen.

Room Tip: Get the room on the 5th floor to the river side and you have nice view to the old town
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Raiq
JanisValodze, Operations Manager at Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Mr. Raiq,

Thank for being our guest and for taking your time on so detailed feedback.
I am really pleased that generally you enjoyed you stay with us and rated so
high the comfort and cleanliness of our rooms, as the location.
Straight forward I want to apologize for all the inconveniences you experience during you stay and
give feedback on each of it.
I am sorry to read that you were locked out of your room and I want to ensure you that we do not disable any room keys before the original check out time. The keys are expiring automatically at noon, but sometimes there could be minor deviations on the timers between the system and locks.
It is really pity that the meals provided by our restaurant did not fit to your taste, what is usually
not the case, specially as since last October kitchen has been managed by Michelin star restaurant experienced executive chef. Just to follow up on points were noticed, we are definitely not cheating our clients and not selling the cod as halibut, as we even not purchasing it. I am sorry if the duck was too tough and regarding the salmon tartar, it might be slightly different, as long it is not bad, because it has been prepared by different chefs and as we are not a mass production fast catering, every chef is putting a part of his soul in the dish.

Even you were not happy with our restaurant services this time , I truly hope that you will give us another chance and this case will not influence our further cooperation.

Best regards from Riga and I look forward to welcoming you soon back.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed for one night in this centrally located, very clean, comfortable and quiet hotel. The reception personnel were some of the most welcoming I have experienced in many trips - it does make a difference! Breakfast was unrushed and a good selection. A friendly bar in the evening.

Room Tip: My room (406) was a bit on the small size but adequate for 1 person. I would check on range of room sizes when booking especially if not alone.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dan T
JanisValodze, Operations Manager at Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear 466,

Greetings to Cambridge!!!
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to post the comments as well. I am really appreciated about your positive and precise feedback about our hotel, as this is exactly how we want to be perceived. We all are really happy that you enjoyed the time with us and we all would love to make it happen again. So we look forward to welcome you soon back for another nice stay!

Best regards from Riga,

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here one night. The location is very easy walking distance to old town. The room I had was very spacious and comfortable. Everyone spoke English and were very accommodating to any questions and needs. Really nice place and great location. Certainly plan to stay here again.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank S K
JanisValodze, Operations Manager at Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear SK,

Thank you for the short, crisp and positive review with pointing out some of our strengths
as best location, nice rooms and professional and service minded staff. It was great pleasure
to host you in our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you soon back again for another great stay.

Best regards from your service team in Riga,

Reviewed March 10, 2013

There are few truly hopeless hotels but this is one of them. Do not be fooled by the five star sign at the entrance door. At best this a badly managed three-star property. Dowdy, faded, and characterless bedrooms and public areas are complemented by indifferent service delivered by untrained staff. On arriving at 10.30pm, there was no person on the door (a five star hotel) and the receptionist was asleep but did wake-up to check me in. Luggage was sent to the wrong room by a lone and exhausted bell-hop. Duvets are synthetic and of poor quality. Pillows are just satifactory. The gym is miniscule and under-equipped. Breakfast offers a good quantity of stale food. If I were the general manager of this hotel, I would be ashamed of myself for presiding over so much avoidable mediocrity where a lack of basic care is so evident. Yet Riga does have great hotels, so do not, let this doss-house cloud your view of a lovely city. Try the Hotel Bergs, for example; it is excellent and in the same price range.

Room Tip: Nobody would stay at this establishment out of choice but if you have endure a night here then a business class room may ease the gloom and discomfort.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank JHMH1959

Dear JHMH 1959,

Thank you for staying with us and for your honest feedback.

For me as the person who is running this hotel, for sure it is not very pleasant to read such a reviews. But this is part of business and we will take in consideration all the mentioned aspects in order to improve our product and services even more. Please accept my apologies for all the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us, starting the wrong luggage delivery and the synthetic duvets in the end, which will be exchanged to the feather-down ones next month. Even we did not fulfill your expectations and this was not the best hotel stay in your life, I want to ensure your that we are working hard every day in order to deliver best to our customers and luckily this is reflected in other reviews as well. Furthermore I still hope you will give us a second chance on some sunny day and we will be able to welcome you back in order to prove our service qualities.

Best regards from Riga,